Sunday, June 20, 2021

Yopping Update #51 - It is DONE!


 Ta-Da!

I finished my Gansey on Tuesday, washed and blocked it on Wednesday morning, and today I sewed in the ends and posed for a photo.  I am very, very happy with this and I am already planning my next one for a graduate student of mine.  

Meanwhile I picked up the Elizabeth Montague socks, and they are going quite quickly.  I am knitting them two at a time on two separate 9" needles.  I have started the leg on the first sock with the twisted rib increase to allow for the calf as these will be knee high socks.  


proof that these toe up socks fit!

The other most wonderful news is that my dh and I got our 2nd dose of the Phizer vaccine on Wednesday.  I do have a weird side effect that started within an hour or so of the shot.  I have a metallic taste in my mouth and a weird smell in my nose.  I did look it up, and it is a very rare side effect that is suppose to dissipate within a few days.  I hope so - it is quite yucky!



My son is getting his 2nd dose next Friday so we are hoping that by mid-July we can go visit him in the next province over.  Hope is springing eternal. 

Now that the 2nd dose is doing its magic I have booked dental and eye appointments for the first week of July.  Life does seem to be s l o w l y returning to normal.  

Now that Yopping Year 10 is coming to an end I have started to work on my plans for Year 11.  There will be more Ganseys, and more Socks, and more soft toys for sure.  Stay tuned.

If you want to subscribe to this blog you can go to Bloglovin.com.  It is a great site where you can subscribe to any blog you want and when there is a new post it will be emailed to you.   You can find Breathing Life at https://mary-mann.blogspot.com.

Okay - off to sit in the sun and continue with my socks - I have finally memorized the lace pattern so I don't need to keep checking the pattern.  Yay me!

My daughter played a music festival on Friday night and I am happy she is still pursuing her music while being a fantastic mum.

And, of course, what would my blog be without ending with a pic of dear grand-daughter. 

I hope to see her and her mum and dad before the end of 2021




7 comments:

  1. Wow, the gansey turned out wonderfully and once you were underway, that seemed to take you no time at all! Love the socks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you being able to visit Croatia this year. Your gansey looks amazing and you look lovely in it. I can see why you want to knit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gansey is really amazing!! I'm just blown away. Congrats on getting your second shot. It's so nice here to able to so many of the things we haven't been able to do for over a year, like see family and friends, go shopping, etc. Cute cute socks. I'm a huge 2 at a time fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Gansey! You should give lessons as you are such a great knitter! I'm so glad you got your second shot and that you will be able to visit family soon. Love the socks too! Yes, the grand baby is still as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your did a fantastic job on you Gansey. It looks great on you too. Congrats on getting your 2nd dose of the vaccine. Our entire family is now vaccinated and it was nice to have a family Father's Day celebration yesterday. I hope you get a chance to make it to Croatia yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome post! Seeing loved ones is one of the great relieves of vaccination!
    And your sweater is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I came looking for what I might have missed in the week or two I wasn't blogging recently. Your Gansey is beautiful, Mary-Anne. I can't believe how quickly you've finished it. Or at least it seems that way to me. And fun seeing your musician daughter and your sweet granddaughter. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.