Sunday, June 27, 2021

Yopping Update #52 - It's a wrap


 Well, here I am.  The wrap-up post for the Year of Projects.  The first thing I realize is I have to make a new header for next week.  Ack!!  I had better get out the paints and easel.

I did have a finish this week.  Last night I finished the Elizabeth Montagu knee high socks.  I ran out of yarn, but just found all the purples (and blues) in my stash to finish them.  It's not like I am ever going to wear them with a short skirt so only I (and now you) will know the top of the socks don't match the bottom.  

I do love them and they fit perfectly.  It was a chore sewing in the ends last night as we are in a heat wave (90 degrees +) and holding the socks to darn in the bits and pieces of yarn ends was very sticky, but I was determined to have them done for today.  So here they are:

Ta-Da!

Tour de Fleece started yesterday, but by the time I figured out what the date was it was toooooo hot to even consider spinning.  I did spin a little today before the heat climbed too high.  Luckily I was awake at 7:30am.

And now for the wrap-up. I finished all the wips on my list, and most of the projects.  The ones I didn't will all probably be the start of Year 11's list.  Or not.  You will have to wait until next week to find out.  Don't you love the suspense.  Here is my annual Yopping wrap-up in Rhyme.

Yopping in the time of CoVid-19

Who would have thought in July of last year
That a pandemic would continue to cause me much fear


Yet continue it did and through thick and through thin
I gathered my stash to knit, and to spin

Sweaters I knit, four of them in all
So much nicer than any I'd find in a mall


This past year was the year of the gnome 
I made nine, and seven found a new home



Ornaments were made to hang on a tree
little baubles and sweaters for Santa to see



Three blankets were finished, not a knit stitch in sight
New skills in crochet all done up right



I was determined to walk all winter in spite of the cold
Mitts, toque and cowl made me quite bold






I dyed yarn using Kool-aid - a first time for me
Thanks to the internet there wasn't a fee.


I had to make something of all the fleece I had spun
So a sheep breed sampler cowl was done


Four toys were made (and two given away)
This little lady atop my piano still makes my day.


A gift for my son to keep the cold at bay
Arrived thankfully just before Christmas Day.


And the socks, oh the socks, a dozen pairs in all
Worn every day through spring, winter and fall




My Aunt's hot water bottle cover I frogged and remade
To keep me warm and ensure that memories won't fade


Shawls I have many, but hey, what is one more?
Now I will always look elegant going out my front door.


I spun and I spun through two Tour de Fleeces
I think it's time I taught spinning to all my great-nieces!

Silk I spun for the very first time
and then knit a cowl with yarn as thin as a dime.



peruvian/silk blend Cowl

November was knitting the Nativity story.
All of the characters in all of their glory.


Last but not least my unfinished basket was done.  
Started two years before under the Arizona sun.


There you have it -  a year and a world full of pain
My projects and yopping have helped keep me sane.

Well that and the vaccine, shot one and shot two
Here's to a more social year for me and for you.

Thank you dear Readers from wherever you hail
Your comments always lift me up without fail.


Next week we will be on to Year of Projects 11.  Stay tuned for my list. 

Oops, I almost forgot...


Isn't this magical?


If you want to subscribe to this blog you can go to Bloglovin  It is a great site where you can subscribe to any blog you want and when there is a new post it will be emailed to you.   You can find Breathing Life at https://mary-mann.blogspot.com


 










7 comments:

  1. That was fantastic!! So cute. You accomplished so much this past year. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous year! Your granddaughter in the field a marvelous capture! I still need toe and heel tough socks, if you feel like it! Love the scarf and long sweater coat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem was a treat! With my distracted last year, there are some projects I never saw before - like a couple of gnomes, at least. So many great projects you've completed. Twelve pairs of sock?!?! Your last ones (the purple wonders) are well... Wonderful! Can't wait to see what you get up to for the next YOP year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another year end poem triumph, you are so clever making these wrap up post poems. It's been lovely seeing all your makes, I love the new finished socks and like the tops. I have loved your gnomes especially but so many brilliant projects and so many socks! And not the short ones I make for my tiny feet but long socks. I look forward to the big reveal of your new list next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, four sweaters, 12 socks, 9 gnomes and so much more. You really did a lot. Your gnomes always make me smile too. But, your many colored coat has been my favorite from this year. Oops, I take it back. Photos of your grand daughter are my favorites. It was a pleasure to read your rhyming wrap up, Mary-Anne. Looming forward to your next year items. Oh, and knitting knee socks is a great talent. Love all that purple yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing list of accomplishments - I think I love the multicoloured jacket the best. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem. You did so well in difficult times. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.