Sunday, July 25, 2021

Yopping Update #4 - No surprise here - still knitting and spinning and swimming (not necessarily in that order)

 


I felt like I didn't do much this week (except mope) but now I am doing the weekly update I can see I have been quite productive.  

I washed and thwacked my spin - 

412 m - 167 gms

I finished my fingerless gansey mitts - 


I started spinning backward long draw directly from fleece - I almost have two full bobbins 





I started a gansey beanie with my left over frangipani yarn that I used for the toddler and my gansey.


I found a new sock pattern called Sunday Best that I can cast on now because my KnitPicks order arrived!

yummy Stroll sock yarn

I also got this cute tote with Kitchener Stitch instructions and lotsa pictures of pretty little socks - 

 

Plus I order two stitch holders.  I don't like the ones that look like giant safety pins because sometimes my stitches find there way off, and or they are too bulky.  I like these simple ones that are a straight pin that locks on both sides.  They can also double as a cable needle.  Win-Win. 




Most importantly I ordered some canvas boxes from Amazon thanks to a tip from LeftyCrafter's post last week.  I now have my fibre/handspun/yarn organized and labelled!  I still have some wool to put in the bins but it is in the freezer right now preempting any moths or larvae or eggs that might have travelled with it when it was mailed to me by my dear friend who said it had been in her stash for some years. 


Otherwise this week I did get in three pool swims, but no walking.  My back is not happy.  Yesterday we spent 7 hours working on our truck and camper.  Hubby was installing something I don't understand and I was there to hand him the tools while he lay under the truck.  Needless to say we ordered dinner when we got home - watched a bit of the Olympics (saw the Canadian Women's 4 x 100 relay swim team get Silver) and went to bed very, very tired.  Just before bed our daughter and grand-daughter video called us so that was a lovely end to a l o n g day. 

A new flower bloomed on my back deck.  I don't know what it is called but it is so delicate and lovely.  It came in a packet of seeds that is said to attract bees/butterflies and hummingbirds.  
blossom about the size of a quarter

Okay, that is it for my week. 

How I wish I was on that beach with her

I better go fill the Hummingbird feeder - those little birds get so bossy when the feeder runs dry.  Until next week, dear Readers - take care, be brave and find joy that is all around us if we only take the time to look. (Are you listening to yourself, Mary-Anne?)



If you want to subscribe to this blog you can go to Bloglovin  It is a great site where you can subscribe to any blog you want and when there is a new post it will be emailed to you.   You can find Breathing Life at https://mary-mann.blogspot.com





9 comments:

  1. Your mitts look great and so does the beanie. How fun to have a full set. Love those bright colors for socks and what a cute project bag!

    Funny that your post includes pictures with tags on the totes. I'll be ordering tags for myself and local knitting friends of reusable tags that you put on project bags so you know what project is inside the bag. I like to use cute bags but then I forget which one has my advent sock yarns all ready set up for me to starting knitting it since it's next in the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been very productive with your yarn and fiber. I love the canvas storage bins. And I love that picture of your granddaughter on the beach. What long hair she has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly were very busy this week. 3 bobbins is quite a bit, right? You got some lovely sock yarn. And the Sunday Best sock pattern almost looks like gansey pattern. Your canvas bins look so nice. Like how you got different colors. They really compliment each other. Very cute tote bag. The photo of your grand daughter is precious. How nice to end. Day with oth a FaceTime call from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new storage - everyone is getting too organised! The gansey mitts are gorgeous. I've just been watching the diving at the Olympics and now need a lie down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy week but wonderful that you got some spinning time in! My back gets grouchy if I don't give it the exercise in combination with stretching it has decided it needs, but it's sometimes hard to fit things like that in around the rest of life's schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOoh, you've been productive! And loving those mitts (and the knit picks order, so colourful!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those gansey mitts and your mitten blocker too. They are almost good enough to hang on the wall as a decoration! I love your new storage it looks really smart. Congratulations on your long draw spinning, that looks really pretty even spinning, much more even than my long draw. Sounds like you had a good week and I hope this week your back is a little more co-operative. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! I love the accessories you're making with your gansey leftovers! And the mitt blockers are ADORABLE!

    Can't wait to see all the lovely socks you are going to make.

    Hope your back mends up! Back pain can really get in the way of living your best life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a pretty productive week too me!!!

    How do you find spinning directly from fleece, I'd love to hear about that.

    Sweet organization, I need to update my bins, I love the bins you picked.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.