Sunday, March 13, 2022

Yopping Update #37 - More wee little clothes

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Well all the pieces are knit for the mystery animal, and there was only one guess and it was incorrect.  Tee Hee.  Stay tuned as I am sure he will be all put together by next week. 

To avoid the dreaded sewing together and stuffing all the pieces I opted to make all his clothes instead.  

I only have one and a half shoes to finish and then I will begin the putting together part of the program. 




The best part of my week though was discovering this:


I went for a walk on Tuesday - I was very grumpy and didn't want to go for a walk.  As I past a cedar tree down by the creek I saw a hummingbird fly into the tree.  I decided to follow it and lo and behold there she was sitting in her little nest!  I was so excited as I have always wanted to see a hummingbird nest in nature (I did see many in the Arizona Desert Museum hummingbird sanctuary in 2018) - and now I have seen one in my own neighbourhood!  Needless to say every day since I have made sure my walks take me by that tree so I can peek in on her.  

Otherwise I have been slowly transcribing my parents's war letters, editting my second novel, and binge watching Peaky Blinders.  Such is the life of the retired. 

My son is coming for a visit on Thursday for a long weekend and so there will be some straightening up of the spare room in anticipation of his arrival - (mostly dh has to get all his 'projects' relocated to the basement - but probably they will end up in my craft room.)

Speaking of dh I did finally hem three pairs of jeans for him - something I had been meaning to do for a while.  I did a skookum job if I do say so myself.

I heard from the doctor about my echo results.  No significant change over the last year and really over the last two years so he has taken me off the medication since it is not making any difference anyways.  I am still in the LONG cue for a PETscan to rule out one last possibility as to why my heart is not pumping as it should.  In my humble opinion I have to wonder if that is just the way my heart has always functioned - but I will follow down this one last rabbit hole before it is all put to rest.  It does mean an echo every year but that isn't invasive and I am glad to be off the medication as it lowers my already low blood pressure so I do have to be careful getting up too fast from sitting or else I get quite dizzy. 

Okay, that's it for me.  Knitting and Hummingbird nests, and on my walks lots of signs of spring.  It is only seven days away, but who's counting.  Me!  That's who.






6 comments:

  1. Those little clothes are so darn cute. It is going to be fun to see what the mystery animal is. How cool is it to find a hummingbird nest. Enjoy your visit with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clothes for your mystery animal are darling! I am guessing a rabbit. I too have always wanted to see a hummer's nest but no luck but you are a lucky one! That's great news to get off a medicine! Take care and enjoy your son's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your photos of the hummingbird and the crocus. Spring is here!! I subscribe to a local birding group on Facebook just to see all the fantastic photos many of them take of local birds!! So much better than the political posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummers already? I guess you are further south. I need to get my peas in the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m surprised you get hummingbirds in Vancouver, but now I think on we did see them in Washington State, they just seem a tropical bird in my head. Anyhoo those outfits are super smart looking. I’m behind so will be going to the next post for hopefully the big reveal 😃

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.