Sunday, March 27, 2022

Yopping Update #39 - Knitting Belt practising continues

   Follow my blog with Bloglovin

All the knitting I did this week was using my shetland knitting belt.  First I started and finished a gansey toque to match my Dragon Gansey.


The long dpn's my dear sister sent me were sizes 3.25mm and 3.5mm and both have been handy for the toque above, and the toddler gansey I started a couple of days ago with the leftover Frangipani I have after finishing the Dragon and the Toque. 

Ready to start pattern motifs today

I have been working everyday on my Lento Cowl - Wolhobby releases five rows a day and it is such a cheerful project.  It reminds me of spring flowers and fields of tulips. We don't get any rows on Sundays - it is our day of rest so here I am all caught up to yesterday.  


We are past the half way point.  Since we started with a provisional cast on I am assuming at the end we will fold the cowl in half for the bind off and it will be doubly squishing and only the right side will show no matter which way it is worn.  

Our son went home on Monday afternoon, but we spent the last couple of hours watching birds and having lunch by the ocean.  Here he is - wearing the sweater I knit him a year ago!


He captured this picture of a gull in flight:


And yesterday in his home province he got this juvenile bald eagle:



On our bird walk on Sunday I snapped this picture of a spotted towee that seemed very brave and got quite close to us. 


On Thursday afternoon I was interviewed by Dottie Widmann from The NetLoft in Cordova Alaska about my latest gansey.  It was a wonderful experience.  She recorded the interview and I will ask her if I can link it here when she has it ready to post.  

I came down with a fever and snuffly nose on Friday - and have been staying in, mostly sleeping so the weekend has been a bust as far as getting outside, or really getting anything done.  I did two Covid tests and they were both negative so I am certain it is just a cold.  My son seems to have the same cold, and he also took a few Covid tests which were all negative, so we are certain it is just the common cold.  He joked that we are not used to being sick or fighting a virus after being isolated for two years.  I think he is right about that. I am feeling quite a bit better today and plan to go bird watching with my hubby, and for sure I will get out of my pajamas. Hey I did finally have a shower last night, so getting out of my pajamas is definitely doable!

The hopeful news this week is that my daughter and her family may well be coming to visit this summer.  Fingers and toes crossed it can happen.  I am already planning outings, and activities we can do together.  There will be SWIMMING.  

Here is wishing for all my dear readers that as well as happy crafting and gardening, there will be hopeful news for all of you this coming week.  

Indian Plum

cool pine cones I saw on Sunday's walk








7 comments:

  1. Your gansey toque is gorgeous...I love that pale pink? The cowl is delightful! So cute and colorful and what a great idea to fold over and not see the wrong side plus double the coziness! What a handsome man your son is and great bird photos! Glad it was only a cold and you are on the mend. What great news about your family coming to visit! enjoy making plans and looking forward to it and yes.....keep praying for our friends in Ukraine. Have great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love bird watching too. Hubby gave me a nice pair of binoculars for Christmas so I really can enjoy bird watching now. I'm looking foward to using them this summer. Hope to see some owls. Your cowl is indeed colorful and will be so fun to wear. Glad you just have a cold and it's getting better already. How fun to be interviewed and please do share the link if possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold withstanding, it sounds like you had a nice visit with your son! I hope you are able to have a visit with your daughter and granddaughter this summer!

    Your projects are magical, as always! I am excited to hear your interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your toque is so pretty. It will look smashing with your sweater too. I assume the toddler gansey will be for a certain little girl who lives an ocean away? I so hope they do make it this summer to visit. It would be nice for you all to be together again. It seems you had a lovely time with your son. You are lucky you got a photo of him. Most photographers do not like having their photo taken. They prefer to be behind the lens. He does take some gorgeous photos. I hope you are all better this week and can get back to your bird watching walks. How exciting you got interview about your Gansey knitting. I hope you are able to post it here so we all can see it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great textures on your toque - it looks great! Glad you had a nice visit with your son. Looks like signs of spring are in your area to enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my fingers and toes are crossed that your daughter and family make it over to you this summer. I hope you are recovering well. Looks like you are doing really well with the knitting belt. I have seen (on TV) a lady on the Isle of Lewis knitting socks with short DPNs on a knitting belt whilst she was outside. I’m so clumsy I’d trip and stab myself I'mi sure. She said they were brought up to never have idle hands. Your son looks very handsome in his jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are gorgeous and I especially love the hat. I love a bit of birdwatching. Me and Daniel always look forward to the big garden watch each year that we have over here.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.