Sunday, April 17, 2022

Yopping Update #42 - Test Socks FTW

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Thankfully the new test knit socks I am working on are coming along spendidly.  Of course I can't share them until the pattern goes live, but suffice to say I LOVE them and I am happy to have moved on from the frustrations of last week.  

I did finish my Lento Cowl KAL.  It is very colourful and soft and squishy so I image next winter it will get a lot of wear. 






It looks very Easter-y to me, and also very Ukranian so I will call it my Easter Ukrainian Cowl from here on in. 

That's it on the knitting front.  Otherwise this week I have been transcribing a few more of my Father's letters as well as beginning another round of edits on my second novel.  I am gearing up to send a copy to my Croatian teacher for a beta-read and hoping she will have some suggestions for my Croatian language scenes. 

I have done a little bird watching - no pictures that are clear enough - but I did spot two juvenile bald eagles coming in to rest in the tree tops last week.  My apple tree is full of Juncoes and chickadees, and there is a varied thrush that has been visiting often too.  The weather has been quite cold this past week, and today is overcast.  My hip is resisting any kind of hill walking - up or down, and stairs are totally out of the question.  I have been doing some yoga and it is giving me some relief.  Now that we have our car back I have been driving to flat places I can walk - but even then anything more that 3 kilometers is too much.  

We bought some halibut steaks to make for our Easter dinner.  Ham just wasn't going to do it for us this year.

Lent is over so I checked Instagram and Facebook, and I have to admit I haven't missed anything - except for some lovely posts on my gansey group.  

Speaking of Ganseys - I did finish sewing in the ends and attaching the snaps on the shoulder flaps.  It is now in the cedar chest awaiting a future recipient.  





My granddaughter has been painting Easter Eggs and by the look of this photo she is taking it very seriously. 

Tomorrow we are taking the truck in to get a repair done on the broken tie-down.  We are getting closer to being road ready which I think is a very good thing. 

Wishing you all a Happy Easter, a Good Passover, or just a super Sunday.  May peace be with us all.  I found some gluten free Hot Cross Buns so I am happy about that and they make a fine goto with my morning coffee. 

Oh yes, and Lent is over so today there will also be CHOCOLATE.


6 comments:

  1. I missed that you gave up social media for lent. What a great idea. Wish I could break the habit. I really don't need the ads to buy more yarn. I do enjoy the bird photos from my local bird watching group. Just love your colorful cowl. How fun it must be to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your cowl has a real Easter feel, perhaps because the yellow reminds me of chicks 🐣 and the colours of painted eggs. I have been weening myself off Instagram at bedtime as it had got back into my bedtime routine and I was unwittingly spending up to 2 hrs watching the Reels on there. Now when I go upstairs I have to make sure I don’t open the app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Your cowl is splendid and looks like Easter! Your little gansey is also lovely and I have visited the other group to 'like' your adult gansey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lento does look Eastery and Ukrainian. The little gansey is so cute. Good job on it. Hopefully your hip gets better so you can walk where you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope your hip improves soon. Your cowl looks lovely and yes very colourful. Your granddaughter as always is very cute. Belated Easter wishes. Enjoy the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cowl is lovely and colorful! Please let me know how those gluten-free hot cross buns are!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.