Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Yopping along - Update #19 - All about the stitch markers

   Follow my blog with Bloglovin



My crafting week has revolved around starting my second testknit sock - so no pictures, and re-knitting the BirdSong Chart - next week I'll post pictures of that. 

I did knit a dress for Fancy  - my own design even.

doesn't she look fetching
We had two stormy days here - lots of wind and rain so swimming was put on hold as there were thunderstorm warnings and I felt it was too risky to be out there bobbing in the sea.

Of course what do we do on rainy stormy days - well Grama buys some dominoes of course. I am impressed with how quickly she learned to match the dots and she has won more times than not against me.  Smart Cookie this one. 

she loves setting them up and knocking them down too

I did finally get into the sea the past two days.  The water temperature is dropping, and even though not as cold as when I left BC, it feels cold and I stay in for about 15-20 minutes.  Very invigorating I must say!
It is hard to believe I have been here over a month now, and likely will be here at least until the new year, and  maybe, if I can get my visa extended. even longer. It is such a gift to spend so much one on one time with  my daughter and granddaughter.  My dh will be joining us soon.  He contracted CoVid as soon as I left and is mostly recovered except for a nagging cough.  He is over the fatigue though and getting things done readying the house and cat before he flies to us. 

Believe it or not, I didn't bring enough stitch markers with me for my knitting projects, and so I simply HAD to go buy some more.  I found a package for the equivalent of three canadian dollars.  Guess how many?  
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY! Not only are they useful for my knitting and crochetting but my gd finds lots of ways to play with them, not the least of which is making bracelets and necklaces.  I have always believed one can NEVER have enough stitch markers, and proof they also make great entertainment for almost four year olds is reason enough to keep buying them. I wrote about my addiction to stitch markers a number of years ago.   Houston we do, in fact, have a problem.  It has only gotten worse. 


My granddaughter turned a blanket I had knit for her Peppa Pig stuffie into another dress for Fancy.  And yes, it is held together with three stitch markers.  You see, they have a multitude of uses!



We watched the sunset last night as we did some chalk drawings on the seawalk.  And then we had a lovely dinner on the patio watching the sky in all its glory.  

My swimming place

The hills behind us remind me of the interior of BC.   


Nestled between the mountains and the sea I feel very safe. 

So that has been my week. Halloween seems so far away I almost forgot to post our pumpkin.  Designed by my gd and carved by my daughter.  Very s p o o k y!


Now I am being asked to play dollies. 
Have a good week all.  The sun is glorious today and I am sure we will be heading out to the playground soon as well.  

6 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you are getting this quality time with your daughter and granddaughter. The pinned dress for the doll reminds me of that dress Liz Hurley wore when she was dating Hugh Grant. I think it was a Versace dress, so your daughter has great fashion sense. I don’t know where my markers go, I keep imagining some spider is decorating his home with them behind a skirting board in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh, that was Liz btw…I don’t get it, on Sam’s blog my log in works but on yours and Marsha’s it doesn’t…weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time with your gd sounds amazing. Does she speak English or are you speaking Croatian? Or is it a combo of both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we speak English with each other with a few key words in Croatian. She understands Croatian but only wants to speak English.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that you are getting to spend so much time with your daughter and granddaughter. I hope the visa gets extended. I love that she likes to build with the dominos. Christmas idea - there are fun marble raceways that you build with wooden blocks that have groves and holes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have missed your last couple of posts but so glad you got your prescriptions filled and got your flights ok to be with your daughter and granddaughter. Enjoy your time with them.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.