Sunday, October 30, 2022

Year of Projects Update - #18 - Dressing Peppa Pig's family

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Okay I think I am back on track now - and with the ten hour time difference from home I might even get this posted while it is still Sunday.  Let's go:

I did frog the Birdsong back to Row 3  It took a while, but I am happy I did it  I have knit two rows since then and I am working hard to make sure my fairisle is not too tight and lumpy. I am using my long dpns, instead of a circular needle now, but I forgot to pack my knitting belt - so necessity being the mother of invention I crocheted one out of some handspun I had and stuffed the little egg with some polyfiber I had on hand. 

It works quite well!

I have almost finished the first sock on the testknit.  I have to say I love the way the sock looks, but it is not an enjoyable knit.  It is a 10 stitch repeat, but the stitch marker has to be moved every eight rows - but I am almost at the toe decreases so I will keep going. I should have it off the needles by bedtime tonight. 

This week I have three finishes  and here they are modelled by their receipients!

Wendy Wolf's Cloak for riding her broom 

Momma Pig's Shawl

Poppa Pig's Cabled Scarf

I was excited to win a prize in the Imagined Landscape group for my Gnomes.  I have ordered two mini skeins (for future gnomes) and a wooden tool for measuring the weight of the yarn I have spun.  When I get back from overseas they should be waiting for me.  I do love winning things!

It is almost Halloween and today my gd and I will be carving a pumpkin and roasting the seeds.  We got her costume yesterday which she hasn't taken off since (except for reluctantly wearing pjs to bed).


My daughter aned I found the wings, crown, jewelery and wand in one store, and while shopping for some socks and pants in another store, my gd walked up to be holding the dress.  It was perfect!!  A wee fairy princess will be trick n treating tomorrow evening for certain! 

Happy Halloween to all tomorrow, and in a week North America will catch up to the time change that Europe started this morning.  Not sure why we don't all do it at the same time, but for a week we will be out of sync, and then all we be back to normal.  Funny world.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these could be the smartest looking Peppa Pig characters with their new accessories. The fairy outfit is delightful. Hope you are having a lovely time. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Halloween costume for your gd. Wow, Croatia!! I thought I had it bad with my kids a 16 hr drive away. Hope you have a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning with your gnome. He was adorable. I never entered mine into the contest. Since it was my first gnome, I really did not use much imagination with him. Your love the clothing for the little critters. I am sure your GD loves them too. She makes an adorable fairy princess. Enjoy your outing with her tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween Mary-Anne. I’m at my sons in Ottawa and we carved pumpkins last night. So Fun!! Are you in Croatia?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gd looks so precious in her fairy princess costume. You've been busy but so happy you are able to be with your family. The little accessories for the "pets" are so cute! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay well done on winning a prize! I love your gnomes! The peppa pig costumes are great and I'm sure the fairy outfit went down really well.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.