Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Year of Projects Update - Week 16 (I think)

   Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you read my previous blog you will see why I haven't been posting about my knitting projects, but rest assured I have been knitting.  

doubleknit heel

other side of doubleknit heel

used slip stitches to get blue to "pop" on the sock

I finished the above sock I had designed just before boarding a plane on October 4th, and then while on the plane I started another new design  My designs are experiments on how to manipulate colour while using variegated yarns. 

different technique using loops for knitting whenever I came to pink in the yarn

I have knit my October Advent Gnomes:


I love her braids

Halloween gnome so Orange of course


and since my Advent gnomes wanted a cozy bag for winter I knit them a larger version of my clothespin bag.

20 down, 4 to go

Bag o'gnomes

I have mostly been working on Birdsong, and last night I finished the birds but I am not happy with the puckering so I am going to frog back and re-start.  Live and learn, eh?  Or knit, frog and re-knit in this case. 

pre-frog picture

I might try knitting this inside out to have more control over my floats.  I brought my long dpns on this trip but forgot my knitting belt so I tried using a circular needle but with over 300 stitches it was quite cumbersome as my circular needle wasn't as long as it needed to be. 


I have also almost finished a testknit for next year's Super Sock World Championship - but since it is a testknit there will be no pictures.  I am worried I will have second sock syndrome with this pattern.  It looks cool but it is not an enjoyable knit.  

I will try to post more regularly.  I seem to have my writing mojo back and have spent the last few weeks editting my second novel and hope to have it published by the end of the year.  I am going to spend Nanowrimo November entering my edits and getting the final copy pulled together.  I have to design a title page as well which should be easier since I am in town where the novel is set and should be able to get the perfect cover photo.

I am still 'wild' swimming although it seems a bit too easy at the moment since the Adriatic sea temperature is between 18C and 21C.  A far cry from the 13C-14C I left back home.  

I promise to spend some time in the next few days catching up on the other Yoppers. 

Now I am off to Frog....it is hard, but I won't be happy unless I do.  I'll post progress (or negative progress) next week. 




3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been so busy! The double knit heels are fabulous and such a good idea. The birdsong looks fantastic, but if you are not happy it should be redone - I have had success with colourwork socks knit inside out in the past. Me and my son are off to the coast tomorrow hoping to do some sea swimming - we are taking our hot chocolate to warm us up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you are creating sock patterns. Love your gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t really understand double knitting but a nice thick heel sounds comfortable. Those gnomes are so cute and I love the plaits (braids). In Denmark I saw so many Tomte and one shop had giant ones that would have needed their own airline seat to be brought home, but the small ones were the cutest…as are yours.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.