Monday, June 30, 2014

Toast Soldiers

Whenever I make soft boiled eggs for breakfast I always cut my toast into strips, or toast soldiers, and that always makes me think of my grandmother. Granny.

And with the one memory others follow: the peanut butter cookies she would put into a small brown bag, with the top turned over once, for me to take home after a visit, the print house-dresses she wore, her sitting at the dining room table doing her word search puzzle, watching 'Another World' with her, listening to her tell me about all the neighbours comings and goings, the soda water she always sipped at parties.

So many memories in the slice of a piece of toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.