Wednesday, May 6, 2015
HodgePodge - play along!
Wednesday HodgePodge is brought to you courtesy of This Side of the Pond and Wendy's Waffle.
1. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?
"I will cut off your ears and make soup!"
I don't think I ever said it to my kids, but my brother asked her once if she was making the soup out of the ears, or out of everything except the ears!
2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
White Shoulders perfume.
3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
Playing gin rummy, and going to A and W for teen burgers.
4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70's fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men...flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints...what say you?
Definitely the maxi dress. I rocked it in the 70s and I think I still pull it off.
My husband has a couple of flowered print shirts and it works for him.
5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
I appreciated my son's Grade 7 and 8 teacher. He was totally what my son needed and he was a great role model for how a young man should be in the world.
6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
Fridge magnets holding up appointment cards and instructions from my naturopath. Some really cute fire dog magnets (that all sit in the fireman's helmet), and a few letters that spell out uncle and my husband's name.
7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
Definitely a 1, or maybe a zero because I didn't know she was expecting until I heard Charlotte had been named.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My brother came out of my bathroom a few days ago grinning like the Cheshire Cat. He said I was the only person he knows that still has bar soap in the bathroom. Ivory Soap. The smell reminds me of my dear aunt.
Do you use bar soap? I am really the only one?