Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Really? Really.

Most days I think I don't have much to do. But in reality my days can be somewhat hectic.

Today, for example:

Hair appointment at 12

Dr appointment at 1

Meet my nephew at 1:30

Babysit from 3:15 - 5:15


I wish I could say this was an unusual day, but it really isn't.

My anxiety is still in full swing.

I talked to a good friend last week and realized that I need to be more judicious about booking my time.

I need to learn it doesn't all have to happen today, or at once.

I need to learn to give myself more time in between things.

To find the space in between the moments so it is not all such a rush.


One thing I know.

From 5:30 on I will be knitting.

And that is a good thing.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm with you with the knitting. It's the only thing to end a hectic day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to start a day, and end a day - and in the middle of the day too if possible ... ;)

      Delete
  2. Be kind to yourself... You deserve it...
    I could never get done at the hairdresser in just one hour! Takes longer than that to cover the grey....
    It's not a school day anymore... You don't have to perform between bells. Breathing time.... Cup of tea... A few rows of knitting... The paper... a few blogs...
    But you're doing a great job with your health... Yoga, swimming, walking... Doctor... So you're doing lots and lots right...
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... As I was about to shut down iPad, I realised that prolly sounds judgemental and arrogant.... You're NOT doing ANYTHING wrong.... You are active and busy and connected....
    Sorry I sounded like God! It wasn't meant that way...more of a statement about me really... Sedentary and lazy and disconnected ...avoiding life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read you comment with appreciation and felt your support - no judgement here, or there.
      and you are right in all of it - I am having a cup of tea and knitting a few rows.

      Delete
    2. ...excellent... I'm midway through my A-Z reflection post and confusing myself about numbers and visitors etc... I just don't speak Maths... not a bit...

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are motivated enough to get out and about. I am totally the opposite at the moment preferring to cocoon myself at home. It is great that you have your knitting to enjoy, I am wondering what project you are going to tackle next?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting here after connecting with Wendy (of the rock)
    That's one busy day! I have so much grey to cover my hair appointment would take up most of it let alone all the other things. Hope you get through it all.

    ReplyDelete

Add your thoughts....join the conversation.