Lily Pups Life posted her 50 Shades and it sounded like an interesting idea, so here are mine.
1) I love Mexican Coca Cola. It tastes more cinnamony to me than the regular stuff.
2) I had a border collie, Maggie, for sixteen years. She was the best dog ever.
3) I have three sisters and two brothers.
4) I have lived in the same house for thirty-two years.
5) I hate mangoes, papayas and any melon except watermelon.
6) I was an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and I practiced for ten years.
7) I was a computer programmer for ten years (not the same ten years as number 6).
8) I am five feet, five and one half inches tall.
9) I broke my back when I was twenty-three in a car accident and spent six weeks in hospital.
10) I love manx cats. I have owned two, and there is likely a third in my future.
11) I use to be a runner, and trained for a marathon, but every time I got over ten miles my knee would give out.
12) I walked twenty-five miles when I was thirteen in a fundraiser called 'Miles for Millions'. It took me eight hours and I could barely walk the next day.
13) I got married when I was twenty-one and have been married to the same guy for thirty-eight years (now you know how old I am).
14) My father died when I was seventeen.
15) I went to my first Pride Parade yesterday. (It was awesome.)
16) I will be teaching Grade Nine English this fall.
17) I have never read, or watched the movie, Fifty Shades of Grey, and I likely never will.
18) I finished two triathlons in my late twenties.
19) I am gluten intolerant. (I know, too much information).
20) I had emergency abdominal surgery when I was twenty that saved my life.
21) The first time my now husband kissed me was in the elevator of the hospital where I was recovering from number 20.
22) I taught grade one in a small northern town for two years.
23) I had braces on my teeth for one year - my grade twelve year - and they came off one week before graduation.
24) I have hiked the Stawamus Chief twice and would like to do it one more time - at least.
25) I want to walk the Camino de Compostela by my 65th birthday.
26) My husband and I took our almost two year old son to Greece and travelled around for a month.
27) I wish I was fluent in a second language.
28) I consider myself an esoteric Christian, but I do not believe in the Devil, or Satan.
29) I once considered myself to be a Hindu.
30) I once considered myself an Atheist.
31) I have loved doing yoga since high school.
32) I love doing dishes by hand.
33) I love horseback riding. Especially long day rides.
34) I nude sunbathe on my porch as often as possible in the summer.
35) I passed my Grade Eight exam in Piano when I was forty.
36) I think I have a pretty respectable singing voice.
37) I consider myself an Anthroposophist.
38) One day I would like to do the English Coast to Coast walk with my son.
39) I have a large stamp collection.
40) I have a new favourite summer coffee drink - iced lattes.
41) I hate shopping in large stores - I get so overwhelmed in big box stores that I usually have to leave.
42) I admit it - I like disco music.
43) I love the Romantic Poets - Keats, Byron, Coleridge, Yeats, Blake.
44) I haven't yet read every book in the Bible, but I am working on it.
45) I am looking forward to my 60s.
46) I get anxious in social situations that I won't be able to leave when I want.
47) I don't like tomatoes in salads unless it is a greek salad.
48) I knit for hours and hours a day.
49) Granny Smith apples are my favourite apple.
50) Scotch, neat, is my favourite bar drink.
Whew! That's 50! It took me all day.
If you want to play along, put a link in the comment section to your blog.