Friday, July 8, 2016
A year of projects
I am joining another blogging challenge. This one is running from July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017. So, yes, I am already late to the party!
First we are to come up with a list of Knitting or Spinning projects for the year, and then every Sunday blog our progress.
So, here is my list:
Since I am late to the party I will include the project I finished yesterday, but would have been on my list if I had written this July 1.
0) Prince potholder Done
1) I am making another sweater/shawl in a lighter/finer yarn. It is gray with splotches of pink and blue. About 8 inches done on back to date. Update - July 15 - frogged. July 18 - started with different pattern and needles. Done
2) I need to finish the second diamondback sock - a sock made almost entirely of short rows! Done
3) A multi-coloured Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Sweater - my second. - done
4) Spin all the fibre I have in my craft room - this is not as daunting as it seems. I have about 700 gms of fibre.
5) Card and spin the fleece I was given a year ago. It is washed - but is languishing in a brown paper bag.
6) Make the Nurmilintu Shawl - done
7) Knit two pairs of plain socks for my dh. His feet are size 9 but very very very very very wide - Done.
8) Finish my sock yarn blanket. It was been on the go since February 2014. I have 685 squares done, out of the needed 780. And then there is the edging! Done
9) Crochet Yoda. - done - and a stormtrooper too!
10) Finish knitting my stitch sampler shawl (see item 4 as I am knitting this shawl with only hand spun. I am on row 42 or 98 rows.) done
11) A purple baby hat for charity. - done
12) One pair of Baby diaper pants - done
13) Hemp potholder - Done July 18
14) A felted yarn bowl - Gave away yarn to little school in small community
15) Zodiac potholders - two done
16) Two pairs of socks for me - one Cookie A pattern - done, and the other Virrat Streams - done because I want to learn the riverbed architecture.
17) More Izzy dolls
added since I started:
18) C2C doll blanket - crochet - Done
19) Mosaic socks -Done
20) Peace Cowl x3 - Done
21) Uncia Shawl with London Loops yarn - Done
22) Charity knit socks for Covenant House - done
23) Illusion knit potholders - Done (6 to date)
24) prepare and spin 3 baby doll fleeces
25) make sweater out of above fleece
26) Tibetan socks out of homespun - done - 3 pairs
All of these projects I have the yarn or fibre for and I am committed to stash busting until December 31, 2016.
Update - Still no yarn purchases as of March 7, 2017.
Then all bets are off!