Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Update 37

A little bit late this week because we were out of wifi range until today.  We were camping at Dead Horse Ranch State Park and exploring around the area.  We had great weather, beautiful sunsets and fantastic food cooked over the fire.

So, no knitting at all in the last week, but I can show you the test knit I finished at the beginning of my holidays.  They are called Queen of Tarts and it was an easy and enjoyable knit.  Thanks to Knitterarium for another great pattern.





I have spun all my natural Friesian fibre on my drop spindle and I am half way through my topaz fibre. 

Here are a few shots from our trip.  Our son leaves us tomorrow and we will continue on to ....somewhere for another three and a half weeks.  I have to say I love Arizona. 







This last picture is samples of spinning from the museum at Toozigoot National Monument - a wonderful site to walk among the pueblo ruins.    Their drop spindle and mine look very similar!

Until next week.


4 comments:

  1. Cool to see your spindle is just like the ancients'. Looked up your location where it is listed as Tuzigoot. Did you go to the Verde canyon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you on the road, Mary-Anne! Love the pictures. And how fun to see the examples of Pueblo spindles. How very much like yours they look! Enjoy the next three weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all the photos! Arizona looks wonderful; I need to put it on my retirement travels list! Although, snakes are a bit worrying.

    Fun to see how little spindles have changed. If it ain't broke...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see things are going better after the earlier vehicle problems. I'd definitely be staying on the path is there were snakes around!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.