Thursday, March 29, 2018

Yopping #40. From the sublime to the ridiculous

We spent Sunday walking around Williams Arizona - a funky.town on Route 66 and on Monday headed into Grand Canyon National Park to camp right in the park. Mid afternoon we got on the shuttles to Hermits Rest and spent 3 hours hopping on and off to see the amazing vistas.  We decided to get off at mojave point to watch the sun set over the canyon.  It was spectacular.

The next day we left the park and decided to go to Peach Springs where, if you get a permit from the Hualapai Tribe, you can drive done into Grand Canyon and camp beneath the cliffs beside the Colorado River. 


It is a 20 mile drive in on a washboard gravel road and we even had to ford a few streams.  It was  not a drive for the faint of heart but oh my goodness was it worth it! 

We spent two nights there and then decided after such an amazing experience of nature at her finest to head to.....
Las Vegas!

After porta potties and no services we got three nights at an rv park that runs like a 5 star hotel.


The pool was amazing and I had a long swim under the almost  full moon and an even longer one the next morning.


Of course we drove the Las Vegas strip.  I can't even!!! It is so unbelievable but also put us both on sensory overload.  

So of course we had to walk it yesterday.  We clocked over 9 miles and arrived back at campsite dog tired.

I did get further on my basket and I did finish my March spinning.

I also did a couple more repeats on Maggie's cowl.


Today we head to death valley. Yikes!!

5 comments:

  1. Driving the str is not for the faint of heart either. Your adventure sounds wonderful and I am enjoying reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip seems so awesome! Love the idea of a full moon swim! Never been to Vegas but it's on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip? I would love a moonlight dip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics and now I have the Route 66 song in my head again. We have a cd full of different versions of Route 66
    Do you have a favourite version?

    I'm not sure that I could enjoy Las Vegas. Bright lights, noise and hustle don't appeal to me these days but then I wonder who we might see in a show. Were there many big entertainment names performing while you were there? What contrast between two different wild places.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.