Sunday, April 15, 2018

Yopping 42 - Home Again Home Again


Where to begin?

I have been home since Wednesday Afternoon, and besides Laundry and sorting out the camper I have been dealing with a horrible headache since Thursday.  I blame the cold and the rain.

But,

this greeted me at my front porch when I got home.  My Bleeding Hearts had volunteered and bloomed for the third year in a row.  So, yes, spring will come.  It always comes.





I have had time to sort out my projects since coming home and I finished Maggie's Cowl with less than a yard of wool to spare.   It needs to be blocked - as does my Wingspan.



I picked up my Cotton Tee that had travelled with me the last two months but never saw the light of day.  It is such an easy knit that I finished side one and started side two and you can see it is progressing very quickly.



The yarn bowl that I won arrived when I was away - it is so beautiful:



And, my Simply Knitting subscription started and I came home to two issues to peruse through.



Next week I plan to pick up my Oceans of Time that I started before I left and I have to get to my April spinning now that I am home.  It will be nice to be back at the wheel after my two months of using the drop spindle.

The only craft purchases I made while travelling were the two basket kits.   I did not buy any yarn.  GASP!  I know right?

But I knew I had lots of yarn I had purchased via my dh for Christmas and I didn't want to get ahead of myself with yarn stash when I have sooooooo much fibre to spin.

We spent our last weekend camping on the Oregon coast and it was very windy, but sunny.
After the biggest storm the beach was full of a kind of sealife I had never seen before.

They are called velella - there were hundreds of them on the beach the day after the storm.






One of our last days in our home away from home - Beachside State Park - Oregon.


I'll miss these little guys - my favourite cacti.


and this was our last night in California - camped by the river and this ancient cottonwood tree.


And since I will be teaching a botany course this summer it seemed like ALL the plant world was getting my attention - especially these lovely wooden flowers - pine cones. 





You can follow other yoppers and their progress here.  

I still wish I was away camping, but I think once the sun reappears and the cherry blossoms come out I will be happy to be home. 


7 comments:

  1. That yarn bowl is gorgeous! The tee is coming along so quickly! You'll be wearing it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had quite a trip. I have enjoyed following your adventures.

    That yarn bowl is gorgeous. How lucky to have won it.

    I had never heard of Vellela. They are much prettier than jelly fish. Too bad they sting like a jelly fish.

    Your plant photos are so lovely. They will be a big plus in your class.

    Glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary-Anne, even your coming home post fills me with wanderlust! Sigh. What a beautiful yarn bowl! And how nice to come home to that and other goodies. Your cotton tee is looking great. Not much longer 'till you're modeling it, I'm thinking. And your Maggie's Cowl looks so cozy. I've never heard of velella before either. My first thought when I saw them was that they are a type of jellyfish, though that blue color is amazing. Okay... thanks to the internet, I'm going to go learn about them now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your migraine - perhaps it was the weather? My husband had a migraine at the same time which let up as soon as the storm front rolled in.

    Lovely yarn bowl! I hope you’re right and Spring arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip and I wish I had a camper! Not a big one but one where my 'girls' would fit in. What a great trip and I love all the 'nature' pictures. Gorgeous and so interesting!
    Your t is almost done! Wow! So pretty and look at those yummy knitting magazines. I need to learn drop spindle before I think of a wheel but I want to learn. Maggie's cowl is lovely and love the "wooden flowers"....great description. Hope your headache goes away....SOON! Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn bowl is beautiful, your photos are lovely and I'm glad you got home safely. Hope the headache disappears soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects are gorgeous. I hope you have got to the bottom of the laundry and that your headache is clearing, then you can properly enjoy being back.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.