Sunday, April 29, 2018

Yopping 44 - Progress in a few areas


Well, on the headache front I had four good days, but this weekend things are back to yuck.
The weather may be a factor.  It was beautiful weather until Saturday morning and with the rain came the headache.  Maybe God is telling me I need to go back to Arizona!

I did a fair amount of walking this week, and went to two aquafit classes.  But yesterday I was an uber couch potatoe.

On the spinning front I am almost finished my April 50 gm quota - I have today and tomorrow to finish the last 15 gms.

I have made great progress on my Oceans of Time,


but the rows are so long now (536 stitches) and each row takes so long I had to cake two news yarns and start my Bendy Arrow.  I love the colours, and it creates a gorgeous I-Cord edge as it is being knit.




I got my wingspan on the blocking mat: Ta-Da.


I have looked at my Year of Projects lists and I can tell you I have a lot of ground to cover in the next 8 weeks!

Good luck to me and all my Yopping friends.  You can follow their progress here.



6 comments:

  1. The wingspan is magic! Love the colours you've chosen as well. Maybe a dehumidifier in the room could help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at that Wingspan stretched out! It's gorgeous, Mary-Anne! The colors look great, and beautifully spun together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your headache returned.

    The wingspan is beautiful. Those colors are just fantastic.

    Your other 2 shawls are coming along nicely too. I was thinking of doing the oceans of time shawl. Let me know how you liked it. It seems very large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look great! I'm so sorry about the headaches....headaches can be so debilitating...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make beautiful things. Hope you feel better though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been indulging in many couch potato days here, but not creating anything near as beautiful as what you do. I finished a king-sized blanket for a friend’s 60th ( combo knit squares and crochet strips and joins) and an appliqué/embroidery/beadied evening purse as a 50th gift. Both projects had been on the go for months, so now I’m wafting about projectless.
    I love seeing the colours and textures you create.
    I am in awe that you can manage such intricate work when your body and brain is hating on you. You’ put me to slothful shame.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.