Sunday, July 15, 2018

Week Two update - It is easy being green


In deference to Kermit the Frog it is easy being green.

I have worked on two projects this week. From Monday to Friday I worked (albeit slowly) on spinning the last ounce of my merino/tencel fibre and then last night I took my wheel out onto the back porch to do my first ever 4ply yarn.


It took a long time to ply - at least an hour - and I have to even out my three remaining bobbins to finish the 4 ply.  In the end I will have 4 ounces and I will report on the yardage in a couple of weeks.

I only knit on Miette this week and I am about half a sleeve to finishing.


Today I am off to Vancouver Island to teach for a week, and then to my sister's on the little island for some R and R.  I am taking four little advent projects to work on while away, plus of course finishing Miette and I have a birthday present that needs to be finished by August 4th.  I will also take my drop spindle and some washed and carded fleece so I can keep up with Tour de Fleece this month.

To follow other yoppers please check out their projects and progress here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh that sweater. Can't get enough of it. The color is beautiful and just makes the pattern jump.

    Spinning......love to watch it being done. Not something I am wanting to learn. Watching the rhythm of the whhel is so soothing.

    Fingers crossed for you Croatian team. Enjoy your teaching but most of al, your R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful green! I hope the yardage is enough for a really special project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 4ply looks so easy! I'm about to give up spinning for good, I had left my last yarn on my spindle and now it's all brittle and falling apart. Not the first time that happens to me. And with all the beautiful yarns out there, do I really need to spin my own? *sigh* Good luck for your tour de fleece, and have fun on that island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... Thank you for posting the pictures of you and your spinning. While I certainly would have guessed that any multi-plied yarn is going to require multiple plies, it never occurred to me what the set up might look like for dealing with the various yarns. I love seeing your spinning wheel, the set up for spinning and your concentrated work at it. What fun. And what a great place that looks like to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to see photos of spinning, I just never thought that ply work would be more complicated. Also your sweater looks so lovely, that blue is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miette looks lovely, and that handspun has a beautiful sheen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Miette is gorgeous and so close to being done! The spinning pictures are so fun -- the wheel is a work of art itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miette is looking great and very close to being done and off the needles. Your spinning pictures look great and well done on the 4ply yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the teaching goes well and enjoy the R & R

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so relaxed spinning there. Are you teaching spinning? I love the color of the Miette.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.