Sunday, August 12, 2018

Yopping Update #6 - Just when you think it is safe to come out of the woods.....


Good Mornings fellow Yoppers and dear Readers. 

On the knitting front this past week I finished the cross-over sweater:

and I LOVE it.

I cast on a zippered sleeper that has knit-in booties and mitts - perfect for keeping a baby warm in winter. :

I just started the first leg last night.

No spinning this week - but I did another painting:


So it was a good week - I got a one month rec pass and swam Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  On Friday I went for a walk - but it was so hot and I spent the rest of the day drinking water. 

My dh had cataract surgery Thursday morning so I was in caretaker mode (as much as he would let me) Thursday and Friday.

Saturday started off very well - I was at my twelve step group meeting and then just before the break I started to get a stomach ache. 

Within five minutes I knew I had to leave at the break and thankfully it was a short drive home. 
The pain was unbearable for the next three hours and I finally relented and went to Emergency. 
Long story short - once admitted, and within about thirty minutes, the pain was gone.

Wait.  What?

They ran some blood tests (some?  like six vials worth), I had to pee in a cup and they did an ultrasound and ECG but everything came back normal.  So I was discharged within two hours. 

So that was the end of my week that had been going so - swimmingly!

It started to pour rain last night, and my plants and I are very happy.  It is soooo much cooler today and everything outside smells so fresh. 

I will take it very easy today - lots of knitting, and checking out blogs, and, of course, Netflix!

To check out other yoppers you can go here.

18 comments:

  1. I am in love with the Cross over sweater. How adorable is that?

    Your painting is so nice. I wish I had that talent.

    Sorry to hear about your stomach ache and ER visit. How scary that must have been. I am super glad to hear they did not find anything

    Yea, for cooler weather. We still have 2 months of HOT weather in store for us. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cooler weather and sooooo much much needed rain!

      Delete
  2. The cross over sweater is just so cute and that style of sweater I found to be just great for my newborns and babies. Love how your painting turned out. We too have gotten some cooler weather and the grass and plants is thankful for it, me, I think I'd like a little of the heat back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, me too, I am not ready for summer to end at all!

      Delete
  3. Love the cross over sweater. So sweet. And that zippered sleeper looks cozy. And your painting looks nice. It makes me sad, though, that my flowers have not done so well this summer and I haven't seen the first hummingbird. :^/

    So glad you evidently didn't have anything serious wrong with your stomach. That's scary. I'm glad you got it checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad too - I am eating very carefully the past two days - only easy to digest things for sure.

      Delete
  4. What’s not to love about that little sweater?! Looks like you have an entire layette in the works.

    Scary time with abdominal pain! Maybe have your GP check for ovarian cysts? I always assume that’s the cause of any discomfort as long as I can safely conclude it isn’t from food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will have a full layette by the time December arrives - have to knit a little dress just in case it is a girl!

      Delete
  5. That crossover sweater is lovely. You have had a busy week and sad that it ended with a scare, but pleased that it was nothing serious. Oh and I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I went to the art store and bought more paper and a few more colours of paint. I am so enjoying this new hobby.

      Delete
  6. That sweater is so cute. I'm sorry you were so unwell and glad to hear the pain disappeared as mysteriously as it came but I'm sure you would have been more relieved if you'd discovered what was causing it. Hope it doesn't recur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too - I swear the pain was worse than childbirth!!

      Delete
  7. Any chance you might have a kidney stone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doc thought maybe a stone in the bile duct - but blood tests and ultrasound didn't show anything....although he said it might not. Fingers crossed whatever it was won't recur.

      Delete
  8. Your painting is beautiful, just like all of your other work. Glad to hear your husband and yourself are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my hubby and I are very thankful for the Canadian medical system this week that is for sure.

      Delete
  9. The crossover sweater is gorgeous. I'm sorry about the pain, but glad that it went away and there was no sign of any ill effects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby sweater is just precious and I'm sure the zip up outfit will be darling too. I hope your husband has recovered from his surgery and glad you didn't have to have any! Your pain sounded awful! So glad you are alright.
    Your watercolor is exquisite! You are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.