Sunday, August 19, 2018

Yopping Update #7 - All about a baby


Good Morning dear Readers!

This week has been all about the baby knitting.

I finished all the pieces for the sleeper - and after I purchase a 12 inch zipper it will be ready to put together.

I finally knit the matching pair of baby booties.  If you recall I had knit the first pair on two different size needles - so I had to make another pair just the same.


Last week I forgot to post my finished Miette:  Here she is:

Last night while watching the latest Outlander season on netflix I did two more repeats on Bonnie's Wish.   I actually did three repeats, but one of them was done twice because I found a mistake in a cable and had to rip back - Damn that Jamie and his bare bum!!

I did another painting this week - my first time starting with a wash of blue to begin:



It was a good week on the health front - no more stomach pains, lots of swimming and walking and I got ALL my errands done on my to-do list - including a new smart phone.

I spent all Friday night downloading photos off my old phone and learning my new phone.  Phew - old dog, new tricks and all.

Today I am off to a concert with a friend - to see a number of 80s bands at an outdoor festival.  The skies are still pretty smokey, but I think that will be better than sitting in the hot sun and heat all day.

To see what my other yopping friends are up to check out their progress here.


11 comments:

  1. Hahaha that’s so funny about Jamie’s bum distracting you. I live in the Highlands of Scotland and have seen lots of their filming locations but not seen any site of him or his lovely bum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och.... you’re a clever wee thing, Sassenach...and a knees-up is always so good for the spirit, Lassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Miette sweater is beautiful, Mary-Anne. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Miette sweater is gorgeous Mary-Anne and the baby knits are just so cute! I love this weeks painting though best of all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are feeling better this week. Miette is gorgeous. I don't watch outlander but now feel I should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miette looks great - a perfect fit!

    I don’t envy you the finishing of the sleeper with the zipper! I hope it goes well and you have another darling baby knit FO to show next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater is so pretty. It fits quite nicely too.

    That sleeper is so sweet. I don't envy you sewing in the zipper though. Your grandbaby is already spoiled and not even here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that your health is back on track, this heat isn't helping much for the being outside. Your painting is lovely as is the Miette. Hoping your concert went well, I love an 80's band too. That's going to be a well clothed baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Miette looks beautiful on you. Have fun with the baby knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 80's band concert sounds fun. I like listening to a variety of music b/c I usually listen to the radio a lot and get tired of the same old pop music played all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel good when I read that you have been feeling good.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.