Sunday, August 26, 2018

Yopping Update #8 - Bonnie's Wish


This week has been all about one project, and one project only.

Wait.  What?

That's right folks - Bonnie's Wish is full speed ahead.  I finished the wingspan border - and then went right onto chart number two.  I am currently almost half way through chart number three.  I have to stop every four or six rows to colour in the next four or six rows on the chart to keep all the different cables separate and organized in my oh so dyslexic brain. So far I have only had to go back and fix one cable that was stubbornly crossing the wrong direction.

My husband commented last night that he hasn't seen me this focused on a project before.

I am definitely going to be a monogamous knitter on this one until she is finished  (and if you believe that I think I have a bridge to sell you....).

On the painting front I have completed another still life - painting, my almost blooming cactus.


I also got a book out of the library and it has painting exercises  that I am working on as well but they are meant only for me - so no reveals here.

However, I can show you the set of 18 watercolour paints I scored for only $7.99 at Winners!




The concert I went to last Sunday was amazing. My friend and I rocked it from 3:30 until 10pm and I bought this t-shirt which perfectly sums up my attitude these days.



I also was made an honourary slug by one of my brother's bandmates -





Can you see my name written on the slug!  How cool is that!

I am also working hard on learning Croatian.  I have about 3 1/2 months until I go there to meet my grandchild so I am practising with simple books from the library.



So it has been a busy week - adding in a few walks, a couple of Aquafit classes, a swim and some meet-ups with friends.

Go here to follow the other yopping community members.

And now it is time to go snack on an apple from our tree.  I love this time of year.




11 comments:

  1. Doug and the Slugs. What a great name for a band. And what a terrific t-shirt (with your name on it)! I like your "go down fighting" t-shirt, too. And the Bonnie's Wish shawl is beautiful! Looking forward to watching your progress on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be made an honorary slug! It's great that you went out to support. I love your new set of watercolor paints. They look so professional. I want to try some for my cardmaking. The shawl is amazing. What texture and detail and color it has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on, Girlfriend. It’s lovely to see you so happy and positively engaged. You’re the least sluggish slug ever
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to be a slug! I think Doug and the Slugs is a great band name! It sounds like you've had another great week and I love the progress made on just the one project! Best of luck with the Croatian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie's wish is spectacular. All those lovely cables. But then I am partial to Celtic designs.

    Do you know the gender of your grand baby? I bet you are sooooo excited to go over there to meet the wee one.

    I applaud you for rockin out for 7 hours. But if it makes you an honorary Slug.......well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cables on Bonnie's Wish are amazing! No wonder you've wanted to be monogamous. Doug and the Slugs? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky girl! Doug and the Slugs and Mary-Anne!
    So exciting to be going to Croatia. And to meet the little one.
    xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ribbing on your latest production and good luck with the Croatian language studies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful shawl! I can see why you need to focus. You've had a great week it sounds like and your paintings are really lovely. I love the band name as I have often referred to myself as a slug since they messed with my thyroid! LOL! You are truly inspiring to learn Croatian as it sounds like a complicated language. Good Luck and here's to another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to totally focus only on that shawl. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of Doug & the Slugs! Way over here, many years ago. They must have had their songs on the radio (or there is more than one band in the world called Doug& the Slugs). Always loved the name!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.