Sunday, December 23, 2018

Yopping Update #25 - Finished Objects


First things first - no baby yet.  Patience is a virtue.  Right?

Right.

I have finished my Hitchhiker:


And I got 42 points!

I also finished my dh's hobbit socks:


And my first little kit is done:  this cute raccoon bag charm complete with a pom pom and a tassel.


I also finished another present, but it can't be posted until sometime later this year.

It was a good week in Croatia.   Not far from us is this 1500 year old olive tree.


We also went with our daughter on Wednesday for one of her check-ups and the hospital has these beautiful statues in the wing of the hospital where births take place.



After her check-up we also found a restaurant that had.....drum roll please.....Gluten Free Pizza!


Today my husband and I ventured out on our own to finish our Christmas shopping.  We did very well and I am pleased with how my language lessons have been paying off.

Last night we went to a concert in the brce (square) in the next kaštela to ours.  It was the Croatian singer Dalmatino and it was so much fun to be in a crowd of Croats and they were ALL singing along to all the songs.  My husband was interviewed by Croatian TV, and a man sharing a table with us bought me a rose at the end of the evening.  We drank mulled wine, some absinthe and had a wonderful evening.

I have discovered a pekara (bakery) near our apartment and I have become slightly addicted to the chocolate croissants.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I will go to midnight mass in the church beside our apartment.  They are setting up a stable outside our window and I imagine Mary and Joseph will be there tomorrow evening.  We have some food prepared for tomorrow - no meat - only fish as is the tradition here.  My daughter's in-laws will join us for the evening - that is, of course, unless the baby decides to make an appearance.



My love and deepest Christmas wishes go to all of you, dear readers.

Stay tuned - I am sure there will be news of a special birth very very soon.

To follow my yopping buddies check out their posts here.


9 comments:

  1. It’s so wonderful to hear that all is well and calm. So much that is exciting yet anxiety inducing going on for you right now, yet the knitting continues. You’re a marvel. I especially covet those Hobbit socks. They’re awesome.
    I’m of to Costco in Busan with a dear friend today to do the shop for our Christmas dinner together. Should be a grand adventure.
    Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should’ve edited that... fat-fingered typing on phone errors.
    Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of hoping for a Christmas arrival adding to your family. All the best to you in this Yule season

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your hitch hiker shawl. Am in awe of the 1500 yr old tree. O am so enjoying your posts while you are in Croatia. So very interesting. Tell that baby to hurry up. We are all waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raccoon is so adorable!! And that olive tree! Thanks for sharing!
    Merry Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, sounds as though you are having a lovely time. Hope the next few days are full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOuldn't it be something if the baby was born on Christmas? It sounds like a wonderful relaxing and fun time for all of you. I wish you a blessed and Merry Christmas! Oh, love your lovely projects too but I keep thinking about the baby! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a wonderful trip so far Mary-Anne and it's only going to get better once the baby arrives, maybe by now the baby has as I am late this week to the visiting party, not quite as late as the three kings. Hope you've had a wonderful few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh baby baby! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!
    Is Croatian a difficult language to learn? I think it's wonderful that you took lessons. So many people travel the world thinking they don't need to learn any, even key words of the country they are visiting.
    Hugs to you and your dh. xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.