Sunday, December 2, 2018

Yopping Update #22 - T-2



Well, it is down to the wire and we are flying in less than two days.  It has not been an easy week as my anxiety is in full swing and I have relied on Lorazapam a few times this week.  It will be all right in the end (and by the end I mean getting on the airplane on Tuesday).  If it is not all right it is not the end.  Right?  Right.

On the plus side I finally have some knitting I can show you - because my dh never reads this blog, and I can knit for him right under his nose and he never suspects a thing.  


I worked Monday and Tuesday, and since Wednesday we have been running errands for our trip.  

Today I had a simple errand - to return some shoes downtown - it should only have taken about 40 minutes.  I zipped over the bridge, down the causeway - easy peasy.  And then I saw the sign - 

DEC 2 PARADE - EXPECT DELAYS.  

I had a heck of a time finding parking but finally was able to finish the errand with a loss of an extra hour.  Then it was taking stuff to recycling plus buying some more oven cleaner (and toilet paper) as well as some weird part my husband needed at Rona. 

I got home two hours later than I expected, but the good news is all the errands were done and I had time to tidy up before our house-sitter arrived for some last minute instructions.  (I also had time to indulge in a Teen Burger wrapped in lettuce from A & W).

My husband and I are now sitting in the living room a little shell shocked from all the work, tired, but very happy with the young woman who will be looking after our house and the cat while we are away.  

Oh,, there are still some things to do:

Tear up boxes for recycling,
Put car and truck in storage.
Put cable and home phone on pause.
Let Visa know we are travelling. 
Write up instructions for the House Sitter.
Get my husband to pack his suitcase!
Finish cleaning the oven (see above).
R E L A X - hahahahahahaha

Last night a dear friend called with an impromptu dinner invite to a local restaurant.  We worked until 6:30 on our to-do list and then had a lovely, laughter filled dinner with great company.  We got home around 10:30, and finished moving the last of the basement totes to their designated places.  OMG you could roller skate in our basement if you wanted! (I don't, but one could.)

So that is it for me (literally).  Dinner, netflix and I am certain early to bed.   The next time you hear from me, dear Readers, it will be from abroad.  

I'll keep you all posted.  

To follow other Yoppers check out their madcap lives here


5 comments:

  1. You are very organized and productive. Interesting how the sock yarn is knitting up. Safe travels to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful time and breathe deeply and relax if you can. I will pray for your safety and no anxiety! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner invitation was very thoughtful. After all that work, the last thing you probably feel like is cooking and making a new mess to clean up in your nice clean kitchen. What great friends you have.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.