Sunday, July 14, 2019

Yopping Update #2 - Nothing to see here


Well, the title isn't entirely true, but in the crafting department I have made 4 more project bags.  Two yellow, and two blue.  It is all my arm can handle it seems.



I love these - they are easy to crochet, very practical and convenient to tuck into a pocket on the way to the store.

Seven copies of my novel are out in the world now, and I have gone through it again myself to find ALLLLLLL the typos (and a couple of continuity errors).

coloured flags = error of some sort :(


Now I will wait for the responses and at the end of the summer decide where to go next.

Getting my novel out into the world (baby steps) helped inspire me to start to put my poetry in order so for the last couple of days I have been transcribing my terribly messy handwritten poems onto my computer.


Then I have to figure out an order for them, or some kind of theme.  Time will tell.


I spent the week doing errands and making sure everything is in order for my dh before I leave to teach next week: oil change, groceries, bra shopping (for me), t-shirt shopping (for him), gutters cleaned and roof de-mossed (we hired someone - don't worry).  I even ordered a little blue-tooth speaker so I can listen to my tunes or podcasts without having to be plugged into my phone - freedom!

No swimming this week, but I did get out for a couple of very long walks (one of them in the rain), and met up for coffee with a dear friend.  On the rainy walk I ran into the not-so-proverbial wall!


stopped in my tracks (film crew in my park)



It has been a good week.

Today I leave for the island to teach for five days.  I will take my crochet cotton and hook, but if last year is any example I don't think I will get any crafting done.

My arm is still sore, but the doctor changed my medication at night so I am sleeping better.  Hooray for that.

To follow other yoppers, who I am sure are much more accomplished with their crafting this week than I was, check out their blogs here.


13 comments:

  1. Those produce bags are so nice. No more plastic bags to take back to the store for recycling. And the fact they weigh next to nothing helps in the pocketbook too. I am so glad you specified who got the bras......had me a bit concerned LOL. My fingers are crossed for your book readers. I hope they love your book and inspire you to try for publishing. Enjoy our island time teaching. Take care of that shoulder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I love your crocheted market bags, but I really love seeing pictures of your writing. So glad you're sharing your progress with us. In the hopes of there are no dumb questions... is writing easier on your shoulder? Or do you need to limit that as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always something to see when you post. I hope next week goes well and the shoulder continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the novel.. I have one of those bags, it was gifted to me...it's very usefeul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your produce bags will be great for all sorts of things. So exciting to have your book out there, I’d be a bag of nerves and excitement. Have fun teaching on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The produce bags look brilliant, you can never have too many! Your endeavours with your writing are so exciting, I'm so looking forward to the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a few of those produce bags and I always get compliments and questions on them. They are so handy for so many things. I like the colors you have chosen too, very happy.
    I hope your arm feels better soon and you get to enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting your book out there! What an accomplishment! Is it being read by "test readers"? The market bags are lovely...I should make some for Christmas. Who couldn't use several of those? I could. Enjoy your island time and take care of that shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the produce bags and how handy are they, I'm going to consider crocheting some of them. Congrats on getting your book out to the beta readers and I hope transcribing your poetry goes well and your week of teaching also. Glad to hear sleeping at night is better with the new medication.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the publishing world! Where do you sleep when out of town for work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to an island sounds fun! What are you teaching?
    Love the produce bags--I am really trying to reduce the plastic consumption around my house. Might need to see if there is a knitted version as I don't crochet!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary-Anne,

    I do love your title motto about success, especially the most important point - day in and day out. It's the 'chipping away' at things that gets them done in the end. I think craft teaches us that lesson very well.

    The bluetooth speakers are great -You won't know yourself. I did the same because it is better volume than my phone. It enables me to hear podcasts etc. over the clatter of the pots and pans while doing the dishes (because that's the 2nd most boring chore in the world - ironing is the 1st).

    Well done on getting your novel out there and open for feedback. That takes courage. Do I pre-order my signed copy soon? ;-) All the best with the process.

    By the way, did you use a pattern for your produce bags or just freestyle them? Take care of your arm and thank you for the giggles:
    glad the bra shopping was for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure got a lot done despite the pain. Yippee for that. And props on having test readers for your work. Would love to see you post a poem here now and then.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.