Sunday, May 17, 2020

Yopping Update #46 - Short and Sweet



I was finally headache free by Thursday.  So that is good news. 

I worked on my two sweater projects this week. 

This is the colour


colour wrong, but wanted the lace view of back
I changed the sleeves from the original pattern which called for 3/4 length bell sleeves and my daughter and I both thought long fitted sleeves were better.  I am very happy with the finish product. Now they have to lift the travel bans so I can get it (and us) to her in person!

I then turned my attention to my Lady of the Lake Jacket.  I am almost finished sleeve number one. 

                                                                                                                       
I did get all my finished Wrapped in Jamie squares blocked so I am ready for Square 11 which I think comes out at the end of May.  I can't wait.  

I have started thinking about my list for the next year of Yopping.  I can't believe we are almost at the end of the year.  I have finished everything but my woven baskets  - but hey, I have until July 1st.  

I want to start a pair of socks this week - Petty Harbour - but we shall see what the week brings.

Today is my dh's birthday.  The day started with a lovely facetime chat with us all, 

Grandpa trying to beep grand-daughter's nose!
and I plan to make him a nice salmon dinner with pesto linguine.  I may even get out my Joy of Cooking and try to make him some sort of desert from scratch.  Wish me luck!

Check out her socks!

7 comments:

  1. That sweater for your daughter is fantabulous. I am so glad you showed the back of it. So interesting. Happy bday to your hubby. How nice to have the ability to "see" everyone on this special day. Your GD is growing up too fast. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the facetime screen. I don't know why those always make me smile, but they do. Ha! I checked out your granddaughter's socks before I read the caption.
    Cute! Hope your hubby's birthday was a happy one. The sweater looks great - and the back is really fun. Your daughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t tell if I lost my comments or they went to waiting approval, so this is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok they were lost. I must remember to switch browser. I would be giving everyone a twirl if that cardigan was mine, making sure everyone got to see the back as well as the front. I hope your husband has a good birthday. Your granddaughter really has such a heartwarming smile. Such a cutie and cute socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, beautiful job on your daughter's sweater! The design is amazing. Happy Birthday to your husband and loved the face time photo! Love the yarn you're using for Lady of the Lake jacket. The socks are too cute as is the model! So glad your headache is gone and I hope it stays away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater is amazing and I do hope you can get it and yourself to your DIL. Glad the headache went. Belated birthday wishes to your hubby and yes your Granddaughter is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallelujah for the end of headaches! You poor thing having days of it... yet somehow you have made great progress on your projects. One would never guess that the sleeves were a modification. They look good and much more practical than bell sleeves. You are doing better than me at the technical, conference call stuff - what a lovely way to be all together for your hubby's birthday. Belated birthday wishes from Australia.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.