Sunday, June 21, 2020

Yopping Update #51 - quick detour into spa items


Happy Fathers' Day to all who father. I think of my Dad today - missing him for the past 47 years. I celebrate all the men in my life who are fathers.

It has been an odd week crafting wise.  I did a wee bit of spinning - started my 2nd bobbin,  but mostly I got out some ugly pink scrubby cotton that I had planned on giving away and made these:

back scrubber

face scrubber

bath mitt with thumb hole
bath mitt without thumb hole
I finished the body of my Amiga cardigan


I am liking how this vintage alpaca wool is knitting up so I decided to use the rest I have to start the Dahlia Cardigan.  If I don't have enough yarn then I will frog Amiga.  If I do have enough wool then I will finish Amiga once Dahlia is completed. 

Just before I started to write this post I notice that Square 12 has been released in the Wrapped in Jamie CAL.  So I will be starting that today for sure!!

I have almost finished my Year of Projects list for Year 10 (year 5 for me).  I am still committed to using up the yarn I have in my stash - much of which is homespun. 

This week has been pretty rainy - but I have been getting in my steps at home and one day when my zoom wasn't working due to crappy internet I put on my Prince play list and danced on the back porch (it was sunny that day) for 30 minutes. 

I have tracked 72 miles on my virtual Camino walk - at this rate I may indeed finish by my birthday in mid-October.

I ventured out to the post office again this week.  I was happy to learn from my son that I could weigh and measure my package at home and then pay and print out the shipping slip so that all I had to do was hand it in at the post office.  Very convenient and I felt very safe doing so. 

I did a lot of online shopping this week: t-shirt, snacks, suncream, vitamin C, powdered peanut butter, books, toques, and of course our weekly groceries.  It is like Christmas every time a parcel arrives at the door. 

The summer solstice has just passed us and here it was pouring in rain all day.  My son had sunshine in his province one over from us, but look what greeted my daughter in Croatia:

HAIL!!
I am sure there is more I could report on but I picked up two new books to read yesterday and I am eager to get to them.  AND to cast on Square 12. 

If you are on Ravelry you will know that they have revamped the website and oh my there is a lot of chatter about the pros and cons of the changes.  My husband had a t-shirt that said "Change is hard.  You go first."  I was surprised at first, but I am getting used to it.  There are much more important things going on in the world that need my attention. 

I will leave you with a picture my son captured while whatsapping with my grand-daughter.

Breakfast time with her uncle
Our provice in beginning stage 3 tomorrow.  Me?  I think I am still in stage 1, or maybe zero.

Have a good week everyone. Be safe.  Be kind.  Be calm. 

Now it is time for a bath with all my new scrubbies!

5 comments:

  1. It seems like you've got a lot done and I've never thought about making some knitted bath mitts but it's a brilliant idea. Did you follow a pattern or just make it up? There was some hail in England I saw online that also looked like snow, but we were ok in Scotland which is a relief as my plants would have been ripped. At first I thought Ravelry looked great, but as i stated to use it my eyes were hurting and then I got a headache, when I went into the comments I saw lots of people did and I was relieved it was just Ravelry and me not coming down with something. I've reverted back to the old view whilst they improve on the clarity of the font which I struggled with. But boy some people have really been nasty in their comments on there so I do feel bad for Cassidy and the team who worked so hard on it. Hopefully there'll be a nice compromise that makes it easier to read. But yes as you say it is small in the scheme of things. With tour de fleece starting on Saturday I'll be on there daily for a month so for me I'm relieved they put the old version option back for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use a pattern. You can see it on my project page in Ravelry. I find the new layout in Ravelry gives me a headache too. I am not sure why, but I have tried turning down the brightness on my computer, but it still didn't help. Weird. Have you joined a team for Tour de Fleece?

      Delete
  2. Don't scrub too hard! LOL! Your purple sweater is so pretty. I love scrubbies. I've only used them for dishes and gifting. I too love getting things in the mail especially crafting supplies! Can you imagine what this pandemic would be like without the internet? So grateful for being able to order things!
    Hail? Oh my! Great picture of grand baby! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time I won some scrubby yarn, but I've never made anything with it. I'm not sure I even have it still. I have to say, though, your spa items look terrific!

    I don't spend much time on Ravelry anymore, but popping in there yesterday after the changes happened, I have to say it was pretty startling. And I found it hard to focus on. I can't imagine getting used to it with as little as I use Rav at this point, so I'm really glad they've provided an option to switch back to the classic look. It feel so much better to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the little scrubbing items, it's really nice to use up stash like this.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.