Sunday, June 28, 2020

Yopping Update #52 - This is a Wrap in Rhyme


Before we get into the wrap-up for Year 9, I want to show you my finishes  and starts for this past week.

Square 12 - Wrapped in Jamie CAL

Another 30 gms spun of my charcoal

Tour do Fleece started yesterday and I am in on two teams.  Team Canada and Team Pride.  I have all my fibre lined up so that will be my focus for the next few weeks.  


And I finally started my Dahlia Cardigan - very tricky at the beginning with 8 lace stitches on four needles, but last night transferred to a circular.  Much better.

Looking over my list that I made last July I was pleased that I did everything I set out to do except the mobile and the woven baskets.  (Well, that and an epic fail at not buying any yarn.  lol)  The mobile and the baskets will stay on the list for the upcoming year 10. (My year 5), and I won't even consider a yarn diet this year.  I know myself too well. I did manage to post every week too.

Now onto the wrap-up.

A Yopping Wrap-up in Rhyme

Advent knits were a goal I had set to achieve
This year was the year I did believe
By Christmas day there were  thirty  wee knits
accompanied by a garland and twenty-four  little mitts!



I knit one hat and for each child a sweater
That fit each recipient down to the letter





I spun and I spun 475 gms in all
700 more yards wound up in a ball
Some of it used for my first handspun cowl
the sheeps and the llamas caused quite a howl.


I challenged myself with some tricky crochet
Learning so much about myself by the way
I am an old dog but I can learn new tricks
Using one hook instead of two sticks.




There were dish clothes, and tea towels for use in the kitchen
I now have  a collection which is quite bewitchin'

And don't forget spa cloths of which now I have four
It's time for a bubble bath behind a closed door!






Crocheted  bags  and pairs of slippers for feet
in cold Croat winters should be quite a treat








A crocheted tank I can't wait to wear
If ever the weather improves more than fair.


Yes there were socks - seven pairs in all
and four lovely shawls to wear to a ball.




Four toddler sweaters knit for who knows who
and 12 knitted toys which were fiddly to do.





I made two poppy brooches for Armistice Day
To honour the vets in my own knitted way.


A slip stitch blanket for a cold Plymouth day
A gift for a student as she sat by the bay.


I sewed two  face masks for hubby and me
with material from a bag that once contained tea.
Crocheted two ear straps for the aforementioned masks
Saving our ears while we are doing our tasks.


I made Layla a stocking for her first Christmas Day
I miss her so much she is so far away.

For myself two sweaters that fit like a glove
Like all I knit, they were knit with Love.




 
So that's it, that's the wrap for another year done
Now onto year ten ,another list, what fun!

Before I leave you dear readers there is one thing more
A picture of the grand-daughter whom we all ADORE.



PS:  If you are interested here is the link for my list I made July 1, 2019 .

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE your poetic ending to YOP Year 9, Mary-Anne. You are so clever and fun. I also enjoyed seeing your projects again. The toys and your tiny knits are especially charming to me - the Viking, in particular. What fun! I look forward to seeing what you make in 2020-2021 and am so glad to be on this annual creative journey with you for another year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the viking is one of my favourites, and his wife is on my list for the coming year!

      Delete
  2. Wow, how long did it take to write that rhyme? You made some lovely items this year. You have such great "stick to it" moxy. It has been a crazy year so far. But then, it has given us more time to work with our craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the poem took about 2 hours. Then finding all the pics took another couple! This coming year I am going to file my yop pics in an album so they are easier to sort through.

      Delete
  3. You are so clever with your wrap up poem and so focused on your list. I’m glad your granddaughter was included, it lovely to watch her grow up on a weekly basis. The green sweater from the yarn you re-used really looks great on you. I love the handspun yarn cowl. Your idea to track spinning by grams is a good one. I hadn’t thought of that and it would help to see if I did more or less than last year. I’m glad this year I have been following your posts through the week too. I look forward to seeing what next year brings and hope your summer warms up so you can wear your pretty tank top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe today is the day - temperatures suppose to get up to 24 celcius before the rains return tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Mary-Anne, that was so much fun to read! And you made so many beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is fun to write them - I do love my rhyming couplets.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Wrap up is hard enough much less in rhyme? You get the prize for sure!!! Isn't it amazing how much you made in one year? It would take me 10 to do that much although if I would just finish things I might come out with more! LOL! You should be very happy with all your wonderful hand made items and also the people on the receiving end of all that love! I can't wait to see your list for this coming year and again thank you for sharing your little grand-daughter with all of us. P.S. Beautiful crocheting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I am pretty proud of the crochet I have learned to do this year. Yes, I feel like my grand-daughter belongs to all of us Yoppers now!

      Delete
  6. You are amazing! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is brilliant - a YOP wrap rap! Your rhyme is lovely as are all of your gorgeous projects. Here's hoping you get to see that beautiful granddaughter very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.