Sunday, July 5, 2020

Year of Projects - The List




Welcome to the new Yopping Year.  Here we go dear Readers.

First of all my new header.  This is a painting I did two summers ago and it stands as a reminder that I want to paint more this year, and be brave like the dear hummingbirds that come to my feeder year round. It will also serve as a reminder to me that it is okay not to be perfect. 

I am entering this year with two wips.  Both sweaters.  Both in the same yarn.  I am serious about this stash busting dear readers!

 I finished the lace back on Dahlia last night:





I have spun everyday since Tour de Fleece started so this, of course, will add to my stash for Year of Projects 10!



I don't really have any stash except for a lot of homespun(which I am adding to by the minute), and many little balls of this and that left over from projects.  I have plans for it all, or at least most of it.  I will have this list up in my pages, but for today you can have a look, and then if you want you can check back periodically as I tick off things from wish list to done. 

Knit Wips:
hot water bottle cover
Amiga
Dahlia Cardigan

Crochet Wips: 
Spice of Life
Wrapped in Jamie - CAL

Waiting for release of large Claire square for the middle

Socks:
slippery slope socks
Advent socks

Mitts:
Fingerless Mitts of the Roses

Slippers:
Mary Jane Slippers

Sweaters:
Long/ Caterpillar Cardigan

Small Knits:
T
opsy Turvy doll
Vera Viking
miniature surprise sweater for christmas tree ala elizabeth zimmerman
Nativity Scene

Woven Baskets:
Wedding plate
finish Small Basket

Spinning and Dying
Spin up natural fibre and kool aid dye some of it.
Spin Silk Hankies

Ravelry Queue:
creatures from either or both Amanda Berry mobiles
Moomintroll
Kangaroo and Joey
Weebee Doll and clothes
any of the socks 

Since I have joined Tour de Fleece this year most of July will be spent spinning and when not spinning working on my Dahlia cardigan, and if I win at yarn chicken with Dahlia then I will finish the Amiga cardigan. If not, then Amiga will be frogged to finish Dahlia.  With me so far? 

I have decided this year to tag all my YOP projects on Ravelry so they are easy to find when it comes time for my wrap-up.  I will also keep a dedicated album for YOP10 in my Google Photos folder.  It was so time-consuming counting up my projects and then finding the pics I wanted for my wrap-up post.  

Of course I could make a lot of different albums for my photos - since going digital my photos are not properly sorted, named or filed on the cloud.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I can add this to my things to do list since I think I will be tied to home for many months still to come.  

I didn't mention in my wrap-up post my progress on my novel.  I did get it editted and I did get it out to a dozen beta readers.  I attended a web seminar last Monday on self-publishing.  It is a lot, but I think I will consider this with some seriousness in the coming year. 

Here is a sneak peak of my spinning for today - which is a challenge day in Tour de Fleece.  My challenge - spinning from silk hankies.  This is the spun single from two hankies.  It doesn't look like much, but it is thread thin.

Last night's start

There have been lots of videos and video chats with my daughter and grand-daughter, but not any still photos so I will leave you with this from a couple of weeks ago. 

morning kefir

If you want to join, or follow other Yoppers and you are not a Ravelry member you can link to their most recent posts at the top right side of my blog.  If you are a Ravelry member (and it is free to become one) you can check out their posts here. 

So raise a glass.  Here's to Year of Projects 10!

PS:  if you have any suggestions for colour of that large middle square of my Wrapped in Jamie Blanket please post in comments.  I am leaning towards purple.

14 comments:

  1. Dahlia is quite pretty. The fiber you have spun is so nice and even. What weight would you say it is? As for the middle square......I would go with a purple and red combo. But then, it is not for me LOL. What a nice list you have. You really do use every little bit of your yarn. I am impressed by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is sport, or light worsted. Still trying for fingering but haven't made it yet.

      Delete
  2. what a list! Will be following with interest everything, but especially spinning, which to me looks like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting? A great list I can't wait to see you make your way through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pale blue and red for the centre is my suggestions but I am sure any primary or secondary colour will be great. I couldn’t see Dahlia at all, I’ve tweaked my settings, to cope with Ravelry on my iPad, so dark and tinted I thought it was a black square, but checking on my phone I see it and it’s is looking great. Congratulations on spinning a silk hanky, that is something I’ve witnessed in action from a tutor at the Guild but not tried yet. Will you embroider with the silk? Your painting of the hummingbird is lovely and I’ll enjoy seeing your paintings. I checked Ravelry for a Caterpillar cardigan and I’m not sure whether it was of those but it sounds interesting. I’ve only done a little bit of spinning today on my Russian spindle (dog hair), I think the crochet has made my wrist a little sore so spinning a supported spindle has made it a bit more sore. I will take the rest day tomorrow but will set various bits of handspun that hasn’t been yet. Do you have a preferred method of setting your yarn? Soak, snap, lasso etc? I haven’t settled on one method yet. Your spinning looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I soak and thwack and then hang to dry. I love the thwacking - good to get the aggression out! I think I will ply the silk into some finn I have spun to make a blend - but first I have to dye my Finn.

      Delete
  5. I like your YOP header, Mary-Anne! And I look forward to seeing any painting you're willing to share with us. Thank you for the great idea of creating a folder for saving pictures of FO's in. That should speed things up greatly in less than a year from now. It will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Becki. Yes, the weeks pass by so fast don't they. That wouldn't have anything to do with my age, would it?

      Delete
  6. Great YOP list :) I see you are doing Tour de Fleece, I am too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glass raised, as requested. ;-) I'll be looking forward to your paintings, and I hope you'll share them with us. I love your list - oh, and btw, what is a Topsy Turvy doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/topsy-turvy-doll
      it is a doll that has two upper bodies and a skirt in between so it can be cinderella all dressed up one way and cinderella as a cinder servant the other for example.

      Delete
  8. Why am I not seeing your post in the YOP Group? I went out and came back in and it is Monday morning and i am still not seeing it yet I see new people have commented. I've also had trouble commenting on some of the new people. Crazy!
    I love all your projects and congrats on that novel!!! I love your Jamie CAL...so pretty! Your painting of the hummingbird is beautiful! Yes, with your talent you need to be painting more! Your silk thread blows my mind! Amazing what you can do. Here's to another year of progress and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did change my ravatar to a rainbowed hummingbird so maybe you just didn't recognize me on the weekly post! lol. I am going incognito.

      Delete
  9. Somehow I missed this post. So much going on your list. You're going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.