Sunday, August 9, 2020

Yopping Update #6 - Another archived project sees the light of day

 Ok, I am still fighting with blogger.  If I make the header smaller then it won't center on the page.  Also it took me ages to convince blogger I didn't want every letter I type to be underlined.  I had to log out and back in to get it turned off.  Anyways.....

This happened this week:

124 locking stitch markers!! I am so ready for the next square in the Wrapped in Jamie CAL.  I blame my dear friend Susi.  She sent me a picture of her locking marker score and so I went on Amazon, and the rest, as they say, is history.  

I did finish knitting Dahlia on Friday night.  I had to frog the cuff of the first sleeve and reduce it another 9 stitches and was much happier with the fit.  It is now on the blocking mat, and once blocked I can finish sewing on the collar and bottom hem.  I am so thankful I have blocking wires.  I can't imagine how one would block a rectangular sweater without them.  

 

Pre blocking - Otis thought it made a good pillow
 

Of course finishing Dahlia meant my needles were empty as I did need to frog Amiga to have enough wool to finish the Dahlia sleeves. 

FitznStarts invited me to a Gnome mystery KAL that started on Thursday.  A clue is being released every two days - I can't show you any pictures until it is finished on the 19th of August - but I can tell you that two of the colours I am using are my own homespun.  If you want to check it out the link is here.  

I started another wee project from my list, but I can't say much more because it is a gift.  Let's just say I vowed never to make another - and yet.....

Before the rains came for three days I resurrected my coil basket project that my son and I started in Arizona in March 2018.  We each bought the same kit and would work on it around the campsite. I took a few minutes to remember how to do it, but then got into the swing of things quickly.  I have completed about 4 rows now and have two more before I do the finishing round.  It is a great back porch sitting in the sun project because you have to keep wetting the raffia which keeps everything nice and cool. 

When I sent this picture to my son he said that he was just thinking about getting his out of hibernation to finish as well.  Great minds think alike!

My daughter finally got her new phone.  We have had a few video chats and I am so happy the drought is over. 

I have been a bit under the weather for the last three days.  No fever, or cough, but my tummy is not happy with much except plain carbs.  Aw...what a shame.  

I will leave you with a cartoon I saw on facebook that pretty much says it all.  

I resonated with this a lot this past week as I do my homework for my 12 Step study group. Step 4 ain't for sissies - that is all I am saying.

Remember to be safe, be kind, and be calm. 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Love the basket!! I'd be filling it with yarn.

    I have so much to learn about posting blogs. Really impressed that you have tabs for each YOP posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. except it is quite small - I fill be filling it with stitch markers!!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the Dahlia after blocking!

    Love the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commiserate with you on the underline issue. I fixed it by writing my blog and then putting the header photo on it. This new blogger is not user friendly at all. Ok rant over 😆.

    Your Dahlia......am excited to see it modeled soon. Seems mystery KALs are popping up all over. The Gnome one sounds fun. You are so smart to get gift making underway. But the biggest thing I want to comment on is.........
    Love seeing your grand baby again. What a cute one she is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh... knowing that my time is short with the old Blogger makes me nervous. This week I didn't even play with the new format. I guess I won't have any choice soon. Love your basket, and that you and your son are doing these. Congrats on finshing Dahlia! And looking forward to seeing your knitted gnome later in the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dahlia looks wonderful, can't wait to see it finished. The basket looks great, effect for all of those stitch markers. Hope everything goes well this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since everyone has switched to the new wordpress and new blogger versions I’m finding no issue in getting my comments saved, so that’s a positive. Please show us a photo of Dahlia on when it is dry and off the mats. I’m soooo intrigued by it. I followed the link to the gnome KAL and then looked at her other designs. I love a good pun and she has some great ones in the names of her patterns. They are all cute so I’m sure your mystery one will be a cute on too. Talking of cute...so glad your back connected with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your brightly colored stitch markers! So pretty. Your sweater is lovely and the basket is too! So glad your daughter got a new phone! Now we get videos of that little sweetie pie!
    I loved the joke....so true!!! LOL! I hope you feel better and stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much going on as usual. What a relief that your daughter got her phone issues sorted. I bet there was a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lord how adorable is the yogurt eating. Is that from your video chat. I get to Zoom with my grandsons this weekend. Something to look forward to but. not once did I ever think of saving our conversations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use whatsapp to video chat and sometimes I take screen shots. But my daughter regularly sends us short video clips. I have a bevy of them now and when I feel sad I watch them over and over :)

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.