Sunday, August 30, 2020

Yopping Update #9 - Oh Gnome I didn't


 Short post today.  Not feeling well, but wanted to get this out so you can see my progress this week.

No picture, but I did work for two more days on Spice of Life before I ran out of appropriate stash.  I will wait until I finish the Wrapped in Jamie CAL because I am sure I will have leftovers to continue the SoL sampler blanket. 

I then spent three days on the fourth mini-sweater.  My mind wasn't too focused so I had slow going with the cables because I kept losing my stitch count (and also there were a few mistakes in the pattern.).  I am happy with the result though.


On Monday I was not feeling well at all, and waiting for the Doctor to get back to me, and, well, a little retail therapy happened. I bought four more of the Gnome patterns.  I am currently working on one, but I will wait until it is finished to post pictures. 

Tour de Fleece 2 started yesterday.  I was really feeling sh&$%y yesterday, but just before dinner I pulled out the samples I had won and decided to spin up the Swaledale.  It is interesting fibre.  It feels and looks like hair, and it seemed to have a long staple, but when I started to spin it I really needed to inch along or it would pull away from the hank.  I do love the look of it with the little hairs sticking out.  It looks very rustic and I think will do nicely for one of the shepherd's garments when I start my nativity scene.  I will chain ply it today, and then start on my sample of Jacob.  I am posting pictures and descriptions of the sheep in my Ravelry handspun notebook which is a fun project for me. 





The Doctor did get back to me on Tuesday night and took me off the second medication.  I was feeling much better on Thursday, but then by Friday afternoon the nausea was back.  I was headache free until yesterday, and today I am still feeling yucky so maybe it isn't medication related at all.  Sigh.  

I had a few lovely video chats with my daughter and grand-daughter and also a couple of skype dates with my son.  We do the New York Times crossword together via skype.  

I did get for a lovely walk on Thursday in the early early morning while my dh was having his second cararact surgery.  I went down to the seawall and watched the ducks and herons swimming at the mouth of the river, saw so many fishermen, and a murder of crows having their morning baths and drinks in a water bowl that is left out for dogs.  I am very thankful for that one good day, and dh's surgery went well and we were home by 9:30am. 

The yard work continues - and now all the large rounds to be disposed of are in the front yard rather than under the back steps.  It looks much neater in the back now.  

I spent quite a few hours in the sun on the backporch.  The evenings are much cooler, but the days are lovely with a wee bit of a breeze. 

Okay, I am off to research Jacob fleece and to spin a wee bit. 

Have a good week everyone. 





7 comments:

  1. The mini sweater is adorable and interesting in the way the cables run. I hope you start to feel better soon. Your final photo is precious. Always a pick me up to see that sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start to feel better very soon. I love your mini sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just start with that sweet picture of your granddaughter? Not only is she adorable, but I love the knotted curtain. What a picture! I hope you get to feeling better soon, Mary Anne. And lastly, I do love that little sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that sweater and your grand daughter. That is a very sweet picture of her...one that looks like it should be entered in a photo contest.
    I'm sorry you have been feeling bad...no fun at all. I love the sheep picture and what a great idea to journal it with your yarn...lovely! I'm glad your husband's surgery went well and I pray you will feel better this week and from now on! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon, feeling poorly whilst having someone to look after post-op doesn’t sound fun. I hope your husband recovers well too. That is a truly beautiful photo, your daughter’s new phone has been a worthwhile investment. How fast she is growing! Last year when we rented a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales there were Swaledales in the fields outside the cottage and on the hills. I haven’t spun any Jacob, but do have some in my stash. I have to establish some routine now I’ve an outlet for sales, so I still have time for spinning etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better by now. What a talented photographer you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful and poignant photograph. Your blog is such a joy but I know your granddaughter is a much bigger joy that cannot even compare.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.