Sunday, September 20, 2020

Yopping Update #12 - I have NOTHING on my needles

 


Nothing on my needles for the past eighteen hours.

What?  I know right?  I had three finishes this week, and now I have zero WIPS.  

I finished this little guy this week.

Gnome is where you hang your hat
Imagined Landscapes Designs on Ravelry

And I forgot to show you last week that I also finished my basket!

Only took 2.5 years to finish

The instructions for the basket says that it is tradition to give away your first basket so I gave it to my husband to remind him of our trip to Arizona and a promise that we will get back there for another long camping trip. One day.

I washed all my samples I spun during Tour de Fleece Redux 

perfect minis for my nativity shepherds


And for the challenge day on Thursday I plied on my Turkish Spindle.



I decided this week that I didn't want to wait anymore to put together my Wrapped in Jamie Blanket.  I used a zigzap slipstitch to join the squares together and then I single crocheted around the blanket.  I really like how it turned out.


With that done I could finish my Spice of Life blanket with the leftovers and so...tada!
both blankets are baby sized, or good size for lap blankets
Not sure who the recipients will be yet

On the spinning front I began my rainbow fingering spin.  This is going to take some good while, but here is my progress so far:


So that's my week.  Perhaps by next week I will have something on my needles but not sure what is calling me to cast on.  Stay tuned.  

Just for fun here is a picture of the coffee table (my workspace) from earlier this week - 


And as promised my wee grand-daughter learning how to play with party favours.  My little sunflower.


and a picture of my daughter  playing at a local bar/restaurant last month.




I had a great phone appointment with my Naturopath on Wednesday.  She has given me a new regime of supplements and I have to say that after only three days I am feeling much better, sleeping better, and I have more energy to get things done.  I joked with my daughter that I spent my kids' inheritance buying all the supplements, but if it works then it is well worth it.  

I am still trying to figure out blogger's new changes.  Now the labels are different again, and so are the captions for photos.  Sigh.  I am not good with change, but I am persevering. 

Have a good week all, and to follow other yoppers check out their newest posts at the top right of this blog, or if you are a Ravelry member you can check them out here

12 comments:

  1. Nice finished. I just love your gnomes. Your 2 blankets are perfect. Your rainbow spinning is suoer pretty. What will it become? Your grand is cute in her tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW nothing on your needles!?!?! I don't know if that has happened to me. That is my goal, you are giving me hope that it can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was "Nothing on your Needles!?! How can it be?" But WoW how productive you've been!

    Your gnome is so tiny - and with colorwork! Love it. Or him, or her. Whatever its pronoun is... And I love your basket. I bet your hubby does too. :) Your Wrapped in Jamie blanket looks great joined and bordered with red. A perfect finish, I think. As is your Spice of Life blanket. Did you enjoy making it? I enjoyed the ones I made, but getting them each finished felt like such an accomplishment. Actually, it was all that end weaving that felt like the accomplishment.

    Your sweet sunflower is adorable, and what a great picture of your singer/musician daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow finishing two blankets - so impressive! I love your rainbow spinning too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love baskets for storing balls of yarn. Yours looks great. You are definitely multitalented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second Becki's comment. You really have been productive. I often think that finishing up projects - sewing parts together, weaving in ends and all that jazz - should count as a project all by itself. It's quite a challenge because it's the most boring part of the project. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good at finishing things! Love your little gnome and your blankets are so pretty! Your grand daughter is a little sunflower...so cute!
    The yarn you spun is gorgeous and the rainbow one is beautiful! So glad your supplements worked for you! Take care and I can't wait to see what you cast on next! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great week to have so many WIPs done. Your blankets look great. I did sew in all my ends on my mini Havana but when I make a giant version I won’t be. Well done on plying on your Turkish spindle, it looks to be a success. I am hoping my spinning mojo returns in time for BritSpin in October. You have all those British breeds from Adelaide Walker and there’s is a free treadlers group this year if you miss it and you don’t have to be British to enter. Search BritSpin on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, look at all of those finishes! They are all splendid, I love the gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow finishing two blankets - so impressive! I love your rainbow spinning too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such an artistic family - musicians, writers... who do they get that from I wonder...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.