Sunday, December 13, 2020

Yopping Update #24 - The never-ending border


 


This post will be very short.  It is 7:30pm and I haven't been feeling very well over the past week. Blah!

I finished the last section of the Havana and started on the border.  Oh My God - this border is taking forever but I do see the end in sight.  I am doing a double border to avoid weaving in all the ends, but I still had to tie off all the ends, and then make sure as I put in the first l o n g row of slip stitches around the edges that the ends were secured in what will be the middle of the double border.  

Not to mention that I am using a deep blue so I need to sit by a lamp to really see the stitches.  As of today I have finished the backside of the border and I have started the front side.  The pattern calls for four rows of double crochet, but I may make it wider.  We shall see. 

No point posting a picture of the endless border - you get the idea. 

The gnome KAL is going well.  I am all caught up.  The last two clues still are a bit of a mystery as I am not sure what parts they are - I imagine it will become clearer as the clues unfold.  No picture, because, well, mystery. 

My raingear arrived and I have test driven it for two rainy walks.  All I need now is some waterproof mitts!


Except for yesterday I have gotten out for a good hour long walk every day.  This is despite some on-going queasiness.  I am trying to keep my spirits up, but the last few days my spirit has been very low.  The highlight of most days is the call from my Grand-daughter to open the next mitten on the Advent calendar.  

So I crochet the never ending border, I walk, and lately I have been binge watching Dawson's Creek.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.  

I hope everyone is staying well and safe and I truly hope everyone's spirits are higher than mine.  

Things will get better.  They always do.  But boy, I sure could use a break from feeling so crappy.  

Here is my dear grand-daughter and her kitty enjoying a peaceful moment.  

Cuddled up in the quilt I made her momma 32 years ago!


9 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope you start to feel better soon. I think you need sun shine instead of rain. Your grand daughter is precious. Her and her kitty make a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you start feeling better soon. It's no fun to feel "poopy". I admire you for getting out for a long walk even when the weather is bad. I'm afraid I'm always too willing to find an excuse not to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better....like NOW~ I love your new coat and are those hiking sticks? I've been afraid to walk since I fell and maybe those would be good for me. I'll have to research. I also thought maybe hiking boots instead of my Asics with some ankle support. My ankle went out from under me on a stone! Love the grand baby pic and a 32 year old quilt? Amazing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the walking sticks are a godsend. It makes me feel much braver if I get the occasional dizzy spells, and it takes all the pressure of my hip it seems. I love them. I got them years ago when I had bad plantar fasciitis. They are also great because it gives your arms some exercise too.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you are getting out in Nature! So important these days. Do you take vitamin D? We don’t get enough of it here in the winter. Your project sounds awesome, your granddaughter is growing up! Hang in there, and have a joyous but quiet Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I take oodles of vitamin D as per my naturopath. I am spending a small fortune on supplements but they are all worth it.

      Delete
  5. I hope you soon feel physically and emotionally better. It’s been a long year. I have had a look at the walking app you recommended and with some of my Christmas money I am going to sign up in the new year to the Iceland walk. That’s so lovely your daughter still has that blanket and that now your granddaughter is snuggling in a physical substitute of a hug from granny. I’m thinking of weaving in ends as I go and doing a single border when I do my big version. My Christmas money will be used for the yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started making squares but now use them as stitch-marker holders. Then I started a northwesterly blanket but ripped that out. Now I’ve decided to just make mini ornaments like hats, socks and mittens out of scraps because with my small feet I can get 2 pairs of socks from one 100g skein so making a blanket would take me a decade to have enough scrap yarn, never mind the actual making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling great but well done for still getting out and carrying on with your projects. Hope things improve.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.