Sunday, January 24, 2021

Yopping Update #30 - One Sock, Two Sock


A short update today, because it is just kind of that kind of day today. 

I finished my Slippery Slope socks and they have been on my feet for 3 days now.  I love the look and fit of them. 

Fraternal socks are the best for curing second sock syndrome

I was inspired to revisit another General Hogbuffer pattern, Euclid,  that I knit about six years ago.  It is a very unique construction consisting of triangles and I thought it would be perfect to highlight my rainbow pride spin.  If you are on Ravelry and want to check out my six year old pair (which I still wear to this day) you can find some pictures here


It took about 3 swatches to get the right needle and number of stitches, but now I am off.  Last night I knit three of the first tier triangles.  One more triangle and I can start the heel.  This is definitely a pattern where I have to trust the instructions and voila it turns into a sock!  I am very happy with how the segregation of colours is working from my attempt while spinning and plying to keep the colours separate and the right length of each colour.  

really!  This will become a sock!

There has been lots of walking and photographs, but the best one was this

First Robin of the season - spring is coming!!

and if I needed more proof, my winter jasmine is blooming:


My daughter sent us this recent photograph of my grand-daughter with her kitty.  The caption from my daughter read:  Exploring the world together. 

A perfect caption for a perfect photo.

Okay, that's it for me.  After a restless night of sleep, followed by a l o n g afternoon nap I am ready to tackle triangle four while I watch the new season of Riverdale on Netflix.  Sigh.  I do love being retired. 



7 comments:

  1. Your Slippery Slope socks look great!! Job well done. I'm loving those rainbow socks. Thanks for the pattern recommendation!! I just added it to my Ravelry library. I have some great yarns that I think would be fun to knit up in that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being retired too. It has certainly made COVID easier to deal with. The Euclid socks look incredible and yes, your yarn is perfect for them! Your fraternal socks look great together. How fun. And how sweet your granddaughter and her kitty look together. They look like best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that Euclid sock looks so complicated. You are so adventurous in your knitting. Makes my knitting look so boring lol.

    Those slippery slope socks are marvelous. Love the fact they are fraternal twins.

    Please don't send spring to me too soon. I am still enjoying our cooler temps. But then, we don't have the winters our neighbors to the north have. So I understand your joy at the thought of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those fraternal socks. It’s too early in the morning for me to work out how the triangles become socks...I shall wait to see the next update to understand. Most of the UK has had snow yesterday (very rare) so no signs of spring here. Our robins are sooo different to the North American continent robins...I doubt they share any DNA. Plus robins are very much thought of as a winter bird and they regularly appear on Christmas cards. I love finding out what is the same and what’s different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always impressed by your socks!Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those Euclid socks, how interesting! So the yarn you are using for them is all handspun? That is impressive indeed!
    The last picture is the best 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! That is some interesting sock construction! I am super excited to see how they look next you post about them! Your new finished socks are also amazing. I understand about wearing them virtually non-stop!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.