Sunday, August 8, 2021

Yopping Update #6 - Sunday Best

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 


One progress pic:


This is as far as I got this week on my Sunday Best socks as this week my son has been in town and we have been getting ready to go camping today!

I did manage to get to the pool three times this week and with all the pre-camping errands I have averaged 10,000 steps a day!!

Next week I am sure that although there will be very little progress on the knitting front, there will be lots to share about our camping trip.  We haven't been out in our camper since October 2019!  This probably explains why it has taken us all week to get ready to leave.  

I checked the campground information yesterday, and they do note that it is bear country (but we have lots of bear spray), and also that there is a momma cougar with two cubs who has been seen frequently on one of the trails (not one I plan to go on!)

Mostly I plan to sleep, and swim and play crib with my son.  I hope also to sing along to my dh's guitar playing and maybe, just maybe I will knit a wee bit more on the socks.  

I have started the planning for my friend's gansey.  I have asked her mom to sneak me a sweater that fits her well so I can get the dimensions from it without having to let her know I am knitting for her.  Hopefully she will have found a sweater by the time I get home from camping. 


We had to get the truck starter fixed this week too, and while waiting for the repair my dh and I walked around and saw this lovely mosaic on the sidewalk near the river.  


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful find on your walk. I have fond memories of camping as a kid (trailer, not tent). It will be relaxing to get to spend time in deep nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are a great pop of colour. I hope you enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your time with your son is fun. Enjoy your camping trip. Watch out for the wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your camping trip! Be safe! Will bear spray work on cougars? Love your socks and the mosaic is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip!
    The mosaic you found is just lovely- our world is fully of beautiful things, right under our noses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to have a trip to look forward to. Hope you have a lovely time but stay away from the bears and cougar and anything else eyeing you up for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip! It's a gorgeous time of year to be outdoors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your camping trip sounds like a wonderful time away together. I love being in the woods, so I'm easily imagining the crisp piney air and the breeze blowing through the trees. Your husband providing guitar music sounds just lovely. And what a beautiful mosaic to find nearly underfoot. Very cool! I look forward to reading about your (hopefully safe) adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mosaic is a lovely find. I hope you are having a brilliant trip and relaxing as you should.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your camping trip! The socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so behind you are already back from camping. That's a pretty mosaic you've found.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.