Sunday, February 20, 2022

Yopping Update #34 - Bit and Pieces

Follow my blog with Bloglovin 


A quick update today.  

I have finished all the patterning on my gansey and just have plain knitting to do as I finish the sleeve decreases and then the ribbed cuffs. 


It was put into hibernation midway through the week because both my Scheepjes orders arrived!  Thank you YarnCanada and Trendy or What Knot for such speedy delivery.

two more layers under this one - 48 skeins in all!

I entered it all into my Ravelry Stash and then cast on Maisie the Pig.

two legs to go and then assembling can begin

I also finished my next round of edits on the novel (Home and Away) I wrote last November.  I have sent it off to my sister and daughter as first readers so stay tuned. 

Alas, while editting said novel on Tuesday I was hit with a Migraine and that was that for the next two days.  I came out of the dark by Thursday and each day since then I have been feeling better.  Still a bit light-headed, but all-in-all things are improving. 

My third amaryllis is blooming and it is a stunner.


On my daily (except Tuesday and Wednesday) walks there are more and more ducks in the pond, birds in the trees and squirrels in the bushes. 

this little one even posed for me

I am looking forward to a zoom class on Knitting with a Shetland Knitting belt next Wednesday.  Highlandheffalump (Liz) alerted me to the class, and I am hoping my supplies arrive in time.  However if they don't the class doesn't require you knit along during the presentation and it does includes six videos that I can access over the next six months as well as a monthly Q and A session with the instructor.  I am so looking forward to learning this new technique. You can get more details on the class by Janette Budge here

My son seems interested in me making him a  gansey so the pattern choices will begin soon.  I got Gladys Thompson's book Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys, and Arans from the library and it is an interesting read on the different areas where Ganseys were found and the meanings behind their motifs.  There is a cool motif called Print o' the Hoof that I hope to incorporate in his or another gansey in the future. 




I forgot to post my only FO for the week.  Little gnome #4




Okay that is it for me this week.  I have legs to knit, sleeves to finish and a Pig to assemble. (Not necessarily in that order.)

Take care all. Things are looking up.  And when I looked up a few days ago on my walk this was my view. 

blue sky!




6 comments:

  1. Your sweater is beautiful. The motifs you have chosen are just breath taking. Look at all that scrumptious yarn. You will have so much to choose from. Your little pig is cute. Looking forward to seeing it put together. Your Amaryllis is stunning. Can they be maintained once their initial blooming is done? If so, will they bloom again? Sorry to hear you had a migraine. But glad to hear you are doing better each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amaryllis pictured I have had for many years. After it blooms I let the leaves grow and when it is warm enough I put it outside for the summer to soak up the sun and rain. Then in the fall I put it in the basement in the dark and ignore it. I bring it back out around Christmas to bloom again.

      Delete
  2. Oh...forgot to say how much you gnome made me smile. He's a real cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 48 skeins!!! Be still my heart. That would take me several years to work through. Just love your gansey. Glad you are getting out most days for a walk. Hoping I maintain my daily walk habit with I get back to the cold north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this gansey really is going to be fabulous and not too much left to do. Maisie seems to be flying off the needles and I’m looking forward to seeing her finished. This are going to be as cute as your gnomes to see on your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful gansey. I’ve never heard of a Shetland belt and had to look it up, I’m really looking forward to hearing how you get on with the class.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.