Sunday, February 27, 2022

Yopping Update #35 - Ta-Da x 3

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin 


I finished knitting my gansey on Wednesday, and got it on the blocking mat Thursday.  It should be dried and off the mat tomorrow and then I can sew in the ends and get my photographer (aka dh) to take some photos of it on me.



I couldn't quite face putting Maisie the Pig together (sewing toys together is sooooo fiddly), so instead I cast on her little dress. 


back of dress with little pink pearl buttons
With nothing else to procrastinate with on my needles I spent yesterday afternoon and evening putting Maisie together.  Soooo....here she is:

Maisie wants to show you her curly tail

I then cast on her cardigan, so that is my knitting plan for the next few days. 




I took the Shetland Knitting belt class on Wednesday which was very good and informative and then on Thursday morning my belt and needles arrived in the mail.  
Purple of course



I spent much of Thursday and Friday playing around with the belt, watching how-to videos and practicing some more.  I am slowly getting the hang of it.  While poking around the internet for videos I came across videos of Hazel Tindall knitting.  She has the title of fastest knitter in the world, and it is mind boggling to watch her knit.  She also had some good tips on using the knitting belt.  I am enjoying learnng a new skill and now that I have finished my sample piece I think I will start a dish cloth as my first project using the new technique, and then I have a plan to start a toque with the leftover wool from my gansey to continue learning the technique while knitting in the round. 

Besides knitting I did get out for a few walks to continue to convince myself that Spring is coming.


and after a fish and chip lunch at the beach I saw this fellow fishing for his lunch.


I have company coming for lunch today!  Real company!!  My two nephews will be arriving in a few hours for lunch and I am almost giddy.  Company!  I hope I know how to hold a conversation for longer than a few minutes with someone other than my dh.  Wish me luck. 

I am working hard at holding my anxiety in check with the news coming in hard and fast from Ukraine.  I pray for all.  It is all I can do. 

I think I feel like the one in the middle





8 comments:

  1. Your gansey turned out great! Is it for you or are you gifting it? Always love your walk photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisie is adorable. Having a wardrobe for a toy pig is priceless. Your gansey turned out great. Looking forward to seeing it on you. I had read about knitting belts. Quite intriguing. Let us know how hard it is to learn. Spring has sprung here which means in another month or two we will start our heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week on Instagram, an amigurumi maker shared an in-progress piece and they PIN (with straight sewing pins) all the little pieces on! It was one of those moments of, why haven't I been doing that?!?!?!

    Your gansey looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gansey. I just looked up Hazel Tindall and I’m in awe. I’m also curious as to how many stitches I can manage in three minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well doesn’t Maisie look super in her wee dress and she will be all ready for looking super smart with her cardigan in time for Easter. Your Gansey is amazing, I can’t wait to see photos of you in it, on the mats it looks sooo good. I totally understand your anxiety building, as mine has been too. I’m comforted by the posts I see from people in Poland and other nearby countries taking in as many people from Ukraine as they can to shelter them. The brave Russians protesting the war give me some hope. Give Maisie a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Gansey is awesome and so beautiful! Maisie is adorable! I have no idea what a knitting belt is...I'll have to go Google! I have seen Helen knitting and it is amazing! You have flowers blooming? You have Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gansey is wonderful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gansey is so beautiful! I'm totally in love with Maisie, she is the most adorable pig I've ever seen, with the most adorable curly tail.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.