Sunday, December 25, 2022

Yopping Update #26 - Merry Christmas from Gnova


 Yes, all twenty-four Gnomes have come out to play. Because Christmas is here!




Last night, Christmas Eve, we went to see a life nativity performance in the village square, or brce as it is called here in Kastela Kambelovac.


Mary arrived on a lovely donkey, and there were many shepherds in the crowd.  It was very magical.  

This past week, besides swimming in 11C water, was finishing up the Imagined Landscapes' Gnome KAL. 

Meet Gnova - she has interchangeable hats!



I love her messenger bag

I finished twelve of my gansey squares and I won't cast on anymore until I source some new motifs and besides I have two different socks on the needles that need my attention. 

We hung our stockings last night.  Three were handknit.  Guess who used a rather used sport sock?


I will leave you a picture I took last week.  If you are familiar with Norse mythology then you will know of the three Norns that weave the past, present and future.  I imagine they look just like this:


Merry Christmas from my heart to yours and may your 2023 be full of wonderful crafting moments, time with family and friends, and good health. 

Oh yes, and world peace would be great too!


3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a magical Christmas as well. I finally succumbed to gnome felting although I will postpone my gnome making until I return to Ohio in April as a birthday gift to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a merry Christmas to you too! I love Gnova - I think she is my most favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a very happy new year. Liz

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.