Sunday, January 1, 2023

Yopping Update #27 - A sock I can actually show you

 


I finished a testknit sock this past week, but it is top secret so no picture.  But...I did finally get around to knitting my second Wetlands Gansey sock and I finished them on New Year's Eve and they have been on my feet ever since. 


It is almost time to put away the Advent gnomes and Saint Gnicholas until next year, but I couldn't resist one more picture. 


My dh flew home on Friday.  He and I both have a cold and I know for him flying while feeling rotten is just, well, rotten.  He is home now, safe and sound (although he is still waiting for his suitcase).  

Otis is glad to have someone home with him once more:


I have started another testknit sock and the next term of the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup has begun so I am plotting more gansey blanket squares and I think a toque to match my Birdsong. 

After seeing my husband off at the airport early, early Friday morning I got to witness this amazing sunrise on the way home. 


I did get into the sea for my polar bear dip today, New Year's Day.  The sea temp was about 9.5C and I managed two minutes before coming to my senses and heading home for a warm bath!  It was Ccccold.

It will be a few months before we are all together again, so I am glad my husband had us all pose for a selfie the night before he left. 


Happy New Year to all my dear readers.  May 2023 bring us some peace and kindness, health and most of all Love. 


10 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have the family together for the holiday. I'm terrible about taking pictures too. One thing I miss about no longer having a child to drive to school is the beautiful sunrises I would get to see. Today I'm putting away Christmas decorations. I always find it depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the selfie. Say hi for me❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selfie! The sunset is gorgeous and the swim sounds brilliant even if a little cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely family photo. Hopefully you all feel better soon. Those socks are fantastic. You are really getting a lot of test knits. I did them for a while but hated feeling the pressure of a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of you all - you have to have a record of making memories. Glad your hubby made it safely home - hope the suitcase turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post more about your polar bear dips! I am fascinated. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great photo of all of you...frame worthy for sure! Your gnomes are so cute and your socks look so warm and toasty. Better you than me with the polar bear dip...my arthritis would not appreciate that at all! LOL!
    Do you paint the birds on at the top of your posts? They are beautiful!
    Yes, peace, kindness, health, and love....I concur heartily and wish you and yours the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz here, what a wonderful family photo. It must be hard for your husband to have left you all. Thank you for the extra shot of the gnome advent, I don’t tire of seeing them and happy to see them every year. Will you be leaving that set in Croatia, as that means you’ll need one of your own next year!!?? I’m knitting these gnomes vicariously through you. I wish you the same peace, kindness, health and love for 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect sunrise. My favorite part about needed to get to work early was always the sunrises. There is something so sublime about each and every single one.

    Glad you got to spend time with your family! Its a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've caught up, I think, from when I was last here. What a sweet picture of the four of you. It was really nice seeing pictures of your daughter and granddaughter knowing you were right there with them. Your gnomes are so cute. I love seeing them hangin' together. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.