Sunday, January 15, 2023

Yop Update #29 - When in doubt cast on another sock

 


Well, first the big news.  My hubby's suitcase finally showed up (only two weeks late).  So that is a huge relief.  Other travel news is I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8am to sort out my visa issues.  Cutting it close to the wire as I leave 24 hours later.  Hopefully the appointment goes off without a hitch (or two, or three). 

I am mostly packed and I have made a list of everything I am trusting to the airlines.  I had my last swim yesterday so that all my swimming stuff is dry for packing.  It was a glorious swim. Water temp was 12C.  Air the same.  The sun was shining and there was a wind blowing so there were some waves to swim over. 


I finished a test knit, and started another.  The testknit I am working on is very fiddly with lots of right twist and left twist cables and I have already broken two needles trying to cable without cable needles.  Argggg.  So to compensate for my frustration I cast on a lovely sock designed by my friend Lia.  It is called Caffe Mocha and I am enjoying it immensely. 

just what I needed

Other than knitting socks and swimming I have gone for a couple of long walks.  There is a labyrinth built into a field about a mile from where I am and yesterday I walked it.  Very meditative

path lined with lavendar plants

I have taken quite a few pictures in these last few days to remember the nature I was immersed in for the past three months

my private swimming area

the seagulls often on this boat watching me swim 

And even got a shot of one of the many feral cats that come to our deck hoping for a treat.

I was making chicken soup and no she didn't get any...


I won a pattern from Imagined Landscapes for the Year of Gnomes event.  It is a toque pattern called Go Big or Go Gnome.  I couldn't resist. One can never have enough gnome patterns. Am I right?

So I fly on Tuesday.  Honestly I am not looking forward to the 21 hour journey home especially with worries about missing suitcases.  

Next week I will fill you in on my adventure.  

But now it is time to have a birthday dinner with my daughter.  Thirty-Four today....where does the time go?


5 comments:

  1. 21 hours!! Wow that's a long trip. Hope all goes well. Have to admit, only visiting a child would make that trip worthwhile. I am not a good traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you jave made some wonderful memories for you and you daughter's and family. I am sure you will be glad to be home but will miss them terribly too. 21 hours sounds horrible. Is it all flying time or are there layovers in there. Glad your husband's luggage showed up. Congrats on winning a pattern. I am waiting for the patterns of her that patterns Jimmy Beans Wool had kitted up last year. They are the cutest gnomes. I would buy a kit but they are sold out. Ravelry said the patterns would be released this year. I keep checking. Love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz here…safe travels home. Just remember to not put medication or valuables in your case and don’t worry about it. At least you’ll be home and have your other clothes there. Losing it going to Croatia would have been worse. There’s no limit on how many gnomes you need…I hope we see many more from you, they are so cheery. If only they’d invent teleportation, click your ruby slippers 3 times and be home…wouldn’t that be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels tomorrow and hope your suitcase doesn't go astray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your visa issue got worked out - just in time. How nerve-wracking I imagine that to have been. And glad to hear your hub's suitcase finally made it safely home finally. I look forward to reading about your Croation adventure. Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.