HodgePodge Wednesday is hosted by From This Side of the Pond.
Here are today's questions:
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
I have a box of books I am giving to charity, and a book I am gifting to a friend.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
My usual mantra is "Just keep Swimming", ala Dory in Finding Nemo.
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
My husband does the grocery shopping. He shops every day and usually has a list. I love my husband, just sayin!
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
I watched 'The Real Housewives of Vancouver' when it was airing and it IS embarrassing to admit that.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
Amazing, definitely amazing.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
Not one to judge what others are doing, but I am happy with my gray hair - I've earned it!
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
Someday, the curtain of the world would lift onto a sunny springlike stillness and reveal that nothing - nothing - had been for nought, neither the suffering nor the agony of the child in the hallway, nor love that ends in death:nothing. Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I read a meme lately (I know, I hate memes) that said "Depression is when you don't care about anything. Anxiety is when you care too much about everything. Having both is living hell!"
So that's me - check out other entries by clicking the link at the top of the page.