From This Side of the Pond is hosting HodgePodge Wednesday this week. Check out other entries here.
I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
My biggest struggle will be to relax and reset, yet oddly enough the one that comes most easily is finding the good in life.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I would buy wool. 'nuff said!
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
This is hard to admit, but it would be ego trip. I found myself twice this week (and its only Wednesday) thinking how great I was at a)swimming, and b)yoga and I felt certain that someone was going to notice me and compliment me. (didn't happen - but it totally should have.)
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
I would love to do a headstand, and water-ski. I have never had strong upper body strength and if I did I would do all those arm balancing poses in yoga, and also lift cars off of people when they are in trouble ala Superman.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
I have been swimming, had ice-cream, eaten corn on the cob, gardened, unplugged, and read a book. Camping and a road trip are next up, and the apples are ready to pick, and soon so to will be the blackberries.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
Being a Canadian I haven't followed it too too much. All I can say is 'Donald Trump? Really?'
7. What's your most listened to song so far thisI summer?
That's easy - my daughter is living with us this summer and she is a singer/songwriter - so all of her songs - and Valerie (which isn't hers but she rocks it).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have let my herb garden bolt and go to flower and it is so beautiful. The honey bees love it and the flowers are so unique .