Sunday, January 13, 2019

Yopping Update #28 - What will I knit now?

There has been a lot of knitting of little things this week.

First I finished my dish towel and then made a second:



and then with the left over natural hemp I made another crochet scrubbie (the first is in the picture above with the red tea towel.


Down to just odds and ends to knit with, but enough for another pair of mittens:


and a wee pair of socks:


I offered to put together the pink elephant for my daughter, and then I made its matching green one.



Now I have no more kits, but I have all these odds and ends left over:




Clearly there was enough green christmas sparkly wool to make another Christmas tree (or three) ornament last night.


I think today I will be casting on another little ornament or advent knit for next December.

On the Grand-daughter front I got to babysit her on Tuesday while Mom and Dad went to register her birth.   Awesome cuddling time - and no crying!  I still got it.

There has been lots of long walks almost every day - three hours on Wednesday!







Olive trees and churches, museums and fountains and the ubiquitous cats everywhere.  This one was right by the automatic door of the Tommy's grocery store.  My daughter says he is always there - out of the wind and basking in the sun.  I love how his tail curls around his paws!

I took a picture of this sign to show my daughter and son-in-law how far I had walked.  I was focused on the name of the Kastel at the bottom.



They laughed about me sending them an anti-capitalist plaque.

"Honouring the fight of the proletarian revolution against capitalism in 1920."

And right around the corner was this odd modern sculpture.

 Such a contrast to the beautiful church just behind it (the church picture at the beginning of this post).

Yesterday was another long walk in the other direction and I caught this view of the church bell tower against the blue blue sky.


I got a message yesterday from Lufthansa that my flight leaves in 11 days and 20 hours!

What?  I can't believe it is coming so fast.

It will be so hard to leave my girl, and her girl and this beautiful place.

On the plus side I have been watching the Marie Kondo videos and I have some serious plans for organizing my closets and drawers when I get home.

I am sure other yoppers are having other adventures of their own.  You can check out their stories here.








12 comments:

  1. Those sweet little things! Nice pictures on your walks, are there wool shops in town? I have a FB friend near Tappen BC with a llama, and they don't know what to do with it's wool. Maybe on your summer wanderings you could extend your immersion to the craft with some shear work? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you are having the greatest adventure! Lovely makes and still eleven days of paradise. Have a fabulous week making even more memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IS there not a yarn store around? Looks like you might enough scraps to make the new one a little hat to wear for the remainder of Winter. I could not imagine running out of yarn to work with. Your walks look wonderful. A three hour walk! How I wish my feet would allow that. Not with the RA in them though. I have so enjoyed looking at your photos. The area you are in looks wonderful and so historic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are by far having the grandest adventure of all at the moment Mary-Anne and how lovely to have gotten to babysit. Enjoy the remaining 11 days and I hope you fill them with a lots of love and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure those scraps will be turned into something useful or beautiful - or both! It will be hard to leave but thanks to modern technology it's so much easier to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous weather. 11 days is still a good amount of time left, so enjoy every minute. Those little heffalumps! Toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to catch up with you, Mary-Anne. That cat! At first I thought it was a little statue - because of the way the tails curls around its feet. I hope your remaining time is filled with happy memories made, and maybe even more knits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m smiling on both the inside and the out reading about your Croatian sojourn. ..so full of beauty and light and cuteness... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place and I'm so glad you got to stay as long as you have although it will be hard to leave, I'm sure. What cute little projects you've been making! Where are the pictures of the grand daughter? I'm sure she's grown by now! Enjoy and glad to see I won't be alone in my Konmari adventure....drawers today....still on clothes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I am super into Marie Kondo. I would love to konmari but I know I would freeze up when I get to my yarn... I guess that's why I'm on the YOP adventure. I want to use up all of my yarn so I don't have to get rid of it... Haha!

    I also have a lot of odds and ends yarn. I have no idea what to do with them. Looks like you're pretty good at finding homes for them though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up and reading back through your happy posts! Many, many congratulations to all!! How very sweet she is and I am looking forward to seeing more baby pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.