Sunday, January 20, 2019

Yopping Update #29 - All done


Remember my picture from last week.  All my remaining yarn:


This is what became of it:








and I even had enough left to darn a sock:


So until I get home I am knitless.  I decided not to go look for a wool store - which is a journey in itself because I only have 4 more days here and I want to spend it with my daughter. 

She turned 30 last Tuesday and we had a bit of a party.  I brought Christmas Crackers from Canada and there was enough to go around.  You wouldn't believe what a hit these were with the Croats.  They wore their crowns for the rest of the night, laughed mightily at the jokes and were delighted with their prizes.  Next time I come I was told to bring twice as many because her Brother-in-Law wants to save one unopened as a memory keepsake. 

So there have been lots of walks:




and lots of gazing at the new grand-daughter.

I tried out the baby sling with a willing guinea pig: (stuffed dog)


and then my dear daughter tried it with the real thing:


Alas it is all coming to an end too quickly.  Neither of us slept well last night, and I have woken up quite teary this morning.  I will go for a long walk now - the rain and wind have stopped and the sun is trying to peek out.  I plan to get up early tomorrow to see the blood moon.  I am hoping for clear skies at 6am. 

My love to all my dear readers for sharing these past seven weeks.  Next time we talk I will be home.

And I am sure something will be on my needles. 

I am also certain I will be feeling sad.

To follow other yoppers check out their stories here.

15 comments:

  1. Ah I saw your finishes on Instagram. They are lovely and lots of lovely keepsakes for your daughter. Where has seven weeks gone? Wow. You will be sad , but you have such lovely memories and here's to planning the next visit. Making sure you have enough room for lots of crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip. It's hard to say goodbye to those we love. I hope you will get to again soon, crackers in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How hard it will be for you to leave behind your lovely girls. Hurry and plan the next trip over there and stock up on those Crackers. NO YARN!!!! For 4 days? I would go bonkers. But then, if there is a baby to hold and love on it might not be so bad. And what cute things you made with your leftovers. Sweet memories that will be left behind for them to gaze at. Safe journeys home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and your grandchild. Looks like the weather in Croatia has been very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mission accomplished! What a great trip, with almost enough travelogue for us vicarious watchers. I'm hoping there is a surprise skein in your carry-on, otherwise you may start kicking the seat in front and running up and down the aisle during the flight!(and how does one get knitting needles on a plane in this day and age?) Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be attempting to see the super blood wolf moon too... will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband just said only wake me up for the moon if you have checked the sky is clear lol. Such cute wee things you have made with your last few scraps. Stock up on hugs and cuddles before you leave and I hope you are able to return for another visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew the yarn would be put to good use! I can only imagine how hard it will be to leave but what wonderful memories you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do know how to put things, Mary-Anne. I'm tearing up a bit now just anticipating your trip back home. Somehow it seems fitting that you have used up all your yarn just before you leave. You have made some fun and some wonderful things. Hugs to you, dear lady. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy your last few days with your daughter and grand-daughter Mary-Anne. Carrying my babies in a sling was one of the best and nicest modes of travel for them. They could be close at all times, ahhh it makes me think of that time...so special. I'm smiling at the crackers and I hope you got a better clear sky for the Blood Moon than we did. We were supposed to have clear skys to see the Lunar Eclipse of the Blood Moon but alas even with getting up at 4.43am to see it, it was overcast! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, sad and bittersweet but it sounds like some wonderful memories. The picture of your daughter gazing at your grandbaby is precious. Have a safe journey back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure knew how to keep busy. What a lovely visit you have had with your daughter and family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such darling things you made! Try not to be sad but relish the wonderful memories you made! Safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a lovely time, and wow, you managed to use up every scrap of yarn! I'll have to take a page out of your book and really address those odds and ends in my left-over basket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So bittersweet.
    I love how your knitting is like a maths equation:
    These scraps + needles + creative energy = these cool things wuth nothing else remaining.
    Thank you for sharing your travels and family life with us Mary-Anne. Wishing you a safe journey home and congratulationson your beautiful family. Regardless of geography you are still a mum and grandmother and your daughter is also a mum and daughter. It takes more than physical distance to break those loving bonds. Be gentle on your heart. xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.