Sunday, March 17, 2019

Yopping Update #37 - A little progress

Happy Saint Patrick's Day.   I hope you are wearing green for luck.  Or leprachaun socks like my grand-daughter!



The sun is shining and the sky is blue.  The barometer is up so good weather is ahead.  Hooray!

The arm is no better, but I am going for physio tomorrow morning (at 7am!).  Wish me luck because it is a real pain (literally and figuratively). 

I did get a little knitting done - I can knit for about 30 minutes before my upper arm starts to ache.


So now I have 24 finished squares.  Slow progress for sure but it is what it is. 

I did work quite a bit this week, and on Wednesday and Friday I was the substitute teacher in the handwork room.  What a fantastic gig.  I got paid to help students knit and sew. 
One dear little grade two girl told her mum (who told me later) that Mrs. T is the 'world's best handwork teacher!'  High praise indeed!

Spring break has started here so the school will not be calling on me and I can spend more time on rehab for my arm, walking, visiting and resting.

My son is in town for a few days so that has been wonderful to catch up and hang out.  This morning while having our coffee and chatting we watched two flickers involved in a very complicated mating ritual.  Too far away for any pictures but with the binoculars we had a good view of their antics. 

Baby flickers in my future!

I have been studying a lot this week since I needed to fill my knitting time with something else and I feel like I have had quite a break through understanding the complicated conjugation rules of the Croatian language.  Yay me. 

I am still grumpy because of my arm, but today I will go to the gym instead of the pool and do some leg work - also use the stair machine.  My son will come too so then after our workout we can hang out in the hot tub and the sauna. I will probably float in the river for a time too.

I let go of some things yesterday that no longer serve me to keep them around.  Old letters and such that were written in a different time out of a different place and to hang on to them and stumble upon them was causing me sadness.  At my CoDA meeting yesterday there was a lot of sharing about relationships,and forgiveness and trust.  It seems that every meeting I go to teaches me, or reaffirms for me, things that I need to learn, or am learning about myself. 

As Marie Kondo would say 'thank the things for how they have served you and then let them go. 

Letting go is not something that comes second nature to me. Holding on to old hurts doesn't serve me.  If you read about the metaphysical reasons for pain, shoulder pain means I am perhaps not letting go of things or holding on to another's sadness or, and I like this one, YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU: LOVE YOURSELF.

Yes, it was in capitals in the article my daughter sent me so I am paying attention. 

I also cleaned up files off my computer and phone to free up space and I found this: 


Perfect. 

To follow other yoppers you can check out their progress here:  They are warriors too, just like me.






11 comments:

  1. It must be frustrating for you not to be able to knit the way you are used to. I hope your arm improves quickly but yes you need to listen to your body. Love the baby's socks lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s funny how sometimes we hold on to things that when we come across them bring sadness or spark an unhappy memory. I know I went through a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions during my big clear out, but overall I am glad I got rid of the items and I hope you feel better clearing out the things you are now done with. So impressed at you keeping up with the Croatian lessons, it’ll be so nice when you are next visiting your daughter to be able to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect job, especially when you can't knit for too long. I really hope it starts to get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zdravo!!!!!!! Dobar dan!!!!! I'm so sorry about your arm...I'm having issues with mine, but it is because of the PsA, so I just deal....I learned a couple of phrases when I was in Jastrebarsko...back in 1987!!!! And still remember hello or good day, I can count to ten and I can say, I am hungry...:) dovidenja (I didn't remember that one, but looked it up...I know the spelling isn't exact but it is the closest I can get on this keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drage mi je! I have changed my keyboard on my computer and my phone so I can spell with all the accents. It makes texting with my daughter much easier.

      Delete
  5. That baby photo of your granddaughter made me so. Sorry you're in terrible pain. I hope the PT helps and that you'll be given some new tips on how to help it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry your shoulder is still hurting. I'm kind of amazed at how many squares you managed to get done. Continuous pain would make anyone grumpy, I imagine. I love the When Women are Warriors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear your shoulder is still hurting Mary-Anne and hope the physio goes well and isn't too painful. Having had my leg and knee worked on lately with my running, I'm aware just how painful it can be but when it is worked on, oh boy the relief!
    I think we all hold onto far more than we should and it's amazing how it presents itself in physical form. We don't naturally let go and often times hold onto things as a crutch. You are doing brilliantly in working on it and in letting go of what no longer serves you. Learn the lesson, let it go and move on is something I personally try to remind myself of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Grand Daughter is getting so big so quickly! Those socks are the cutest. I certainly hope you can get some relief for your shoulder pain. This has been going on for a while now and you must be getting tired of it. Your squares are really lovely and will make a great blanket. So glad you are enjoying your son. It is so nice to spend time with our adult children. Makes us realize we did something right LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby girl is growing! Cute little socks for St. Patrick's Day. I'm glad you are able to knit some but so sorry that your arm is still causing you pain.
    Is it warm enough to float in the river? Glad your son is there...I imagine that takes your mind off of your arm a bit.
    I should probably join a group like yours...I trust no one! LOL! It is true that illness and aches and pains are 'dis-ease' with ourselves or others and I knew that when I got sick with 3 diseases! I am good now although I still have them they don't bother me and I'm in remission but I cured myself by listening to God (finally) eliminating all negativity, drama and some people that were not the 'friends' they purported to be. I left a lot behind me when I moved here but it was so worth it...I truly don't think I would be here today if I hadn't. Now I'm a happy camper! But I still need to declutter! LOL!
    BTW...I love the When Women Are Warriors piece...I'm going to see if I can find it, print it and hang it up! Great truth! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Anne, your description of your shoulder is reminding me of when my shoulder partially froze. If you're going to PT, then I'm guessing that you've been to the doctor already, but if you haven't, you might want to check in with an orthopedic surgeon. I sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.