Sunday, March 24, 2019

Yopping Update #38 - Still grumbling along


Yup, still grumpy.  I did see the physio last Monday and I go again tomorrow.  I went to chiropractor yesterday and I think it helped a wee bit - at least I slept better last night.  Tomorrow I go to my doctor to request an ultrasound and then the physio again.  I think she will do some acupuncture or needling tomorrow.  She has given me exercises which I think help.

Knitting?  Not so much.   Swimming?  Not at all.  Thank God the weather has been wonderful and I went for three long walks this week.

I can knit about 20 rows a night - so I am plugging away on my KAL blanket.





I am about 40 rows in on another square - so little by little I am getting it done.

I have two more squares to do before my next issue arrives so I will be caught up by then.

I was going to go to a fibre show today to buy some yarn for the border, but it ended yesterday!   What????   I thought it ran all weekend.  I am going to head down to Michaels this morning and see if I can find something suitable.

Since I can't knit I have tackled making drapes for our bedroom out of some material I was given over a year ago.  I have pinned the pleats and today I will stitch them on the machine.



I bought the drape hooks yesterday so who knows, they might be hung by the end of the day.   My husband has to help me lift them into position of because of my arm, and I will post pictures next week. I promise, because right now they are just in a heap on the floor in my craft room.



My taxes got filed  and the answer book arrived for my Croatian exercise book so I am able to mark my work without having to wait to go to my lesson on Thursdays.  I have had a major break through understanding the verb syntax in Croatian so I am excited about that.  When I watch TV now I find myself translating words I hear into Croatian.  I am dreaming about my lessons now, and a friend once told me that is a good sign when you are learning a new language.

I have been feeling down this week, being lame and all, but I am trying to keep my spirits up by visiting with friends and doing what I can do.  The yard is taunting me because it needs a good raking from all the winter wind storms, but raking is definitely a no go.

I can't get my amaryllis to bloom like my son has been able to with his:


but my lawn is full of violets:


and my orchid and hoya are blooming in the kitchen window:



So spring is here - hooray, and the trees around my house are full of birds: robins, towees, juncoes, flickers, hummingbirds,jays, crows, chickadees and nuthatches.

Life is good.

I came across this saying today:

Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: 

Is it true?
Is it necessary?
Is it kind?  

Kinda fits with my lenten promise, I think.   And since God felt it necessary for me to also give up swimming and knitting for Lent (apparently chocolate chip cookies and facebook wasn't enough) I have to believe it is all for a reason.

It will be all right in the end.  If it is not alright, it is not the end.

Follow my other intrepid yoppers - they are amazing in their support and their talents.

12 comments:

  1. Well given everything it sounds to me like a productive week and those curtains will be a nice achievement to look at when they are hung. Keep your spirits up and thanks for reminding me of that phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are still in pain. You have still made loads of steps forward and the yard will keep. The violets are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're still hurting and discouraged, Mary-Anne. Are you sure it's okay for you to be doing any knitting, friend? Twenty rows (as short as they may be) seems like a lot if knitting is something that aggravates the pain you're having. I hope you heal up completely, and soon. I admire that you know and do things that will help keep your spirits up. Your quote reminds me of Phillipians 4:8. Such a helpful verse (and quote) to help when one is struggling with a myriad of situations. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, gosh darn it. I was so hoping your shoulder would have gotten some relief this week. Hopefully you can get some answers from an ultrasound. I admire you for tackling pleated drapes. The material looks very pretty. Looking forward to seeing them completed and hung. Good to hear your Croatian is taking off. By the time your grand daughter is talking you will be proficient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're still hurting ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Mary-Anne that your shoulder is still giving you bother, I can only imagine the frustration in wanting to do all the things you want to do but can't. But I do hope you take this time out to enjoy other pursuits that you are able to do and I think the break will have you return to things with renewed energy and desire. For all of that you are still making good progress on your squares and I love the variance in them all.
    I do love those three gates for thoughts and speech to go through and I do wish more would use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well gentle back-pats to you. How wonderful that you're still managing to be creative and positive despite the pain. Those squares are looking lovely, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you chose for the border. and I envy you the violets and birds and beautiful things of Spring... apartment life can be so austere.
    Hope the acupuncture brings much relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn, that's no fun! But you've still made some beautiful things including some lovely pictures. It's nice that beauty will erupt around us this time of year even if we can only sort of help it along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear. You did well considering the ongoing pain dragging you down. I do hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you are still hurting....that has to be frustrating. But look at you making drapes! I did that once using those hooks that actually make the pleats....probably cheater hooks. It looks like you're doing the real thing. You're still getting a lot more done than me and I'm not injured! My hoya is not blooming but then it is probably root bound and needs fertilizer....poor thing. Sounds like your Spring is in full swing! Have a great week and I pray you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Grumpy Girl! (Is that the way I need to start all my responses these days?)
    Aches and pains can be very annoying but when they grumble along for days and weeks, it can make the most patient person irritable and unsettled. You have my sympathy. It's so horrible when nothing seems to make a difference. I hope the therapy sessions bring accumulated benefits and relief eventually (sooner rather than later).
    Take good care of yourself and remember, even with pain, life can be good and is good. Pain and happiness are not mutually exclusive.
    Hugs,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boo on this persistent pain. I'm glad you have a PT and will be getting a sonagram. I liked going to PT but even 2x a week took up a lot of time over the six weeks. I'm glad you're getting in a couple of rows of knitting in every night and have sewing as a back up.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.