Sunday, March 31, 2019

Yopping Update #39 - Time to get serious


Okay - I get it. I have to stop knitting.  At least for a while.  I knit on Sunday a little,, and on Monday too much and boy did my arm hurt all through Monday night.  Tuesday I put all my knitting away in the craft room so as not to be tempted while watching TV.  Turns out, TV is not as much fun as when I can knit.

I did finish the drapes on Monday, and hung them Tuesday.  I think putting the hooks in on Monday night attributed to my sore arm - but they are done and hung and I am very pleased with them.

Much better than the very old and broken bamboo curtain that was there for certain.  The colour isn't showing correctly.  The design is in a dark blue, not brown.

I frogged a square where I had lost on yarn chicken. I tried to match it with another yarn but it was too noticeable so I knew I wouldn't be happy for it to go into the blanket.  So I finished one square and frogged one square so that puts me at zero (I did start another, put it is in the time out with my fisherman sweater until my arm is better).

I did spin about 10 gms of fibre, but that too puts too much stress on my arm so instead I spent an evening entering all my fibre into Ravelry so I will be ready to spin again when I am healed.

I have been going to the gym and using the treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical and recumbent bike since I can't swim.  Trying to look at glass half full, but boy do I ever miss my swimming and my knitting.

I have been studying my Croatian and having the answer book is great for checking my progress.

As I write this I am on the little island looking after my sister's two jack russells.  Lots of walks in my future while here, and I have brought a whole bunch of recipes with me that I want to try.  I also have a few novels that I have been neglecting, and I have been thinking about reworking the novel I wrote a couple of years ago.   I can't knit, (did I mention that?), so I need to find other things to do. I also plan to journal daily.

Oh,and  I also have prep for my summer courses, so that is here with me as well.

You can find the other yoppers here.

By the way....

Tomorrow is April first.  Don't get fooled!

PS:  I just changed the bulb in the headlamp of my car - ALL BY MYSELF!  Thanks to youtube and also there may have been some curse words....but I DID IT!

10 comments:

  1. Even in your pain, you can make me chuckle. I hope you heal up quicker now that you've put your needles away, friend. How exotic it sounds to be on an island. Are you on a break, or do you leave the island to go to work? If this is none of my business, just say to. I'm just terribly curious. I wish I had an island get-away to go away to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking care of my sister's dogs while she is away on vacation. It is a vacation for me to be on this heavenly island. I love it here.

      Delete
  2. Those curtains came out great. No knitting? I hope it helps you heal. I admire you for putting it all away. Sounds like you have found many other things to occupy your time. Oh and island stay sounds wonderful. Even if it includes Jack Russels lol. New recipes are my jam. I made one tonight and hubby is extremely happy with it. Will be doing it again. Glad to hear you are keeping up on the Croatian but then you have a precious reason to. Have a great week and let that shoulder rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that your arm is hurting but salute to new activities! May the success of the drapes, your Croatian progress and all of those novels lining up to let you read them, take away the grumps and invigorate your curiosity.

    PS I know the frustration of not being able to use your arms. When my body won't work, podcasts are a gentle way to keep my active mind from going stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great opportunity to get back into some of your previous hobbies and even pick up some new. Picking up a novel you’d started to write, being on a wee island, learning a language, it sounds like a movie. Enjoy rekindling those old passions like reading and new adventures. Organising your stash sounds like a great plan too. There’s a podcast on YouTube by Dunderknit, called Knitting Vicariously. She swears a fair bit so may not be your thing, but the principle is there, you could watch some YouTube bloggers and knit vicariously through them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that your arm is still so painful. I hope the rest and relaxation while dog sitting will help. You still have a lot of things going on but definitely try not to overuse the arm. Well done on changing the bulb. YouTube is so helpful with things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary-Anne I am sorry to hear you still can't knit but putting it away out of sight might help and you did make me chuckle. That outlook might just help you focus on the glass half full, I know though it's hard and tough. Sounds to me like you've lots going on this week other than knitting to keep you busy and two little jack russells will definitely help with that. My Jasper is a jack russell and he's lively and keeps me on my toes. I can't think of anything more enjoyable than catching up on some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that dang arm! WOuldn't it be nice if we had spare parts in our closets where we could just replace the injured one with a new one and let the old one heal and get on with our life! Probably a little futuristic but it sounds good to me! Book reading would be good. Also, great job on the curtain/drapes!!! Take care and use your other limbs that are not injured....there's lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I'm so sorry it is still ongoing. However, every cloud ... at least you can catch up with some other hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I"m sorry your arm is still in pain and limiting you. You GO on changing that headlamp. Good job on the new curtains.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.