Sunday, May 19, 2019

Yopping Update #46 - Thought process


I took the advice of Yarnma from last week's comment and from the pictures of JustMagicMaria's blanket and I crocheted around each of the squares with a row of hdc (half double crochet) and then joined them together using Rachele Carmona's Flat Braid Join with only one chain on her Youtube channel.

So I went from this:
\

to this:


I didn't like how the pink was arranged



but now I see the light green is all bunched up

hmm  I needed to flip the square middle left
Now the pink needs adjusting again
Nope, that isn't right either


so I flipped all the bottom squares, but something was still off

So let's swap square 5 and 8

And that is how I finally was ready to join them together.  As I was arranging them I realized that to me the squares all look like different landscapes or seascapes.  Sunrises and sunsets, sky and land and water.  

I did a final row of hdc in dark pink before blocking. 



It didn't seem quite finished once blocked so with some advice from my quilting friend we decided I should add another border in purple and she suggested the shell stitch.  I had enough purple left over so I went for it.  

Done - TaDa  
Then....

Remember the annoying nagging monkey - well, this happened:

I made him a friend

Chilling on the piano

And then because I can't leave well enough alone I decided I could knit some more squares for my Heart's Desire Blanket using the portuguese knitting technique.  

background is red, heart is pink and white

Intarsia

fairisle square
I overdid the knitting thing though because my arm was super sore last night, lesson learned (ya, right), no really, lesson learned.   

I will only knit 1/2 square tonight, and see how that goes.  

Generally speaking I think my arm is s l o w l y improving - I see the physio again on Tuesday.  

So that's it for me - some progress.  Plus I blocked a few more of my KAL squares which had been sitting there mocking me - so I am currently at 30 squares out of the 36 and they are all blocked now.  

It is a long weekend here, and we have had company, - today we are going out for lunch and dinner (my husband had his 71st birthday on Friday and we have been celebrating ALL weekend (and by celebrating I mean eating - lol), but I will try to get to the pool this afternoon regardless.  

To follow other yoppers check out there updates here.  

9 comments:

  1. Boy, I was getting worried scrolling through all the pictures and seeing you weren't sure about things. I love your perspective of all the different squares - that they put you in mind of various sunsets and landscapes and seascapes... I hope you're satisfied, and I hope crocheting around each of the squares made it easier to put them all together. I love seeing what you do with basically scraps! Love both your monkeys and your heart squares! Beautiful! I'm amazed at how much you're accomplishing with a still healing shoulder. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squares came together quite well. I was thinking of sunsets when looking at them. Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Your monkey's buddy is so cute and they look like they could be up to some mischief. Glad to hear the Portuguese knitting is working for you. But happier to hear your arm is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, there's a second monkey! And I do love the squares, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect you’ll soon have a troop of monkeys 🐒 they look so cute. The squares have come to well and are like the skylines you may see on a long road trip. More lovely heart squares for your collection. A busy week it seems. Good luck at physio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your squares turned out lovely and I love the thought of sunsets and land and sea etc. The heart blocks are so pretty and the monkey's are adorable! I hope the therapy helps your arm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've certainly been busy so I'm not surprised your arm was sore. Love the monkeys. I hope resting your arm has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the evolution of your squares. They ended up just right. And there is another monkey! Glad to hear your arm is improving, don't overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have progress on your arm and was able to knit and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! I love the energy of this post... and a blanket and two monkeys later ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.