Sunday, May 26, 2019

Yopping Update #47 - More decisions and ONE WIP

My goodness, we are getting down to the wire with this year's Yopping (Year of Projects).  As usual their will be many little knits not knit (all my advent plans), but also, as usual, I have created many things that were not planned.

As of this moment I have....drum roll please....only one WIP!  I will get to the details of that ONE WIP in a moment.

This past week, thanks to Portuguese knitting (for purl) and Continental knitting (for knit) I finished all my remaining squares on my Hearts and Diamonds KAL from the Simply Knitting Magazine.






















so now my guest bed looks like this


I keep going into the room and looking at the arrangement and switching things around - I am almost happy with it, and once I am I will start sewing it together.

Back to my ONLY WIP...

I picked up the Fisherwoman's sweater, and it took me a while to remember where I was with it, but I finished the first pattern repeat (16 rows) last night.  I can knit about 4 rows an evening before my arm gives out.  The wrong side rows are just knit the knit stitches and purl the purl stitches so that is mindless, but the right side row involve 6 charts - all with cables - and the charts aren't all the same number of rows so I had to get organized with coloured markers and lots of magnetic bars to keep my place on each chart.


Yesterday was my one year birthday with CoDA and I got my one year coin:


On a sad note my dear brother-in-law's boat was destroyed by fire on Friday evening. We had all put our hand-prints on it in memorium to him.  The police are investigating, but it looks like a beach party fire that went awry.  So very sad.  I can hear him from the great beyond harumphing about the senseless damage done by thoughtless persons.


My arm is up and down - sleeping is still tenuous and I think I overdid the pool exercises last Wednesday so I am playing overly cautious since then.

I made some notes to share at the CoDA meeting and I will leave you this week with a poem I read to the group

Meditation for Courage by Rudolf Steiner

We must eradicate from the soul
all fear and terror
of what comes towards us from the future;

We must look forward
with absolute equanimity to whatever comes,
and we must think only
that whatever comes is given us
by a world direction full of wisdom.

It is part of what we must learn during this age,
namely to act out of pure trust
in the ever present help of the spiritual world;
truly nothing else will do if our courage is not to fail us.

Therefore let us discipline our will,
and let us seek the awakening from within ourselves,
every morning and every evening.

Peace

10 comments:

  1. When I saw your fancy squares, thought you should tackle one of the fancy sweaters...that you are indeed already started on! Good for you. Hope your arm improves, and congrats on the 1 year coin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact you have everything laid out on your guest bed and you spend time switching the squares around until it suites your sense of taste. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a lot of squares there, Mary-Anne. Can't wait to see them all stitched together. And that's an adorable picture of your grandbaby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about the boat. I suppose at least you have the memories :-(
    Love all the squares and the sweater is looking fab. Look after that arm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on completing all of your squares Mary-Anne and with your arm and all. I'm so pleased you found a way to work around your injury and still find some crafting time for you to enjoy. That's a great idea to lay the squares out on the bed and visit it from time to time to change and observe it so you can find a layout for them that you will be happy with.
    Congrats on your first year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one WIP? Even when I wasn't crafting I had more than 1!LOL! Good for you and your squares with the diamond pattern are so pretty. I would be hard pressed to figure placement on the hearts blanket too. Your sweater is awesome...I want one like that with all those cables! I have a thing for cables. The poem was beautiful and so is your grand baby! Hope the arm/shoulder heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 1 year coin. I’m so pleased you've found the other methods of knitting have enabled you to finish your squares. Perhaps converting your photo of the squares to black and white will also help as a check for enough tonal spread. I think I’d be there for days trying to sort an order, I’m not great at that sort of thing. What a beautiful poem and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Grandbaby is so adorable. She is growing up too fast. Your fisherman sweater is so pretty. So glad you started on it again. Congrats on your 1 yr coin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your granddaughter looks like you! Do you have photos of you and your daughter at the same age to compare - as I have no idea what you looked like in earlier years - but there is definitely a resemblance that I can see from what photos I have seen of you.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.