Sunday, September 8, 2019

Yopping Update #10 - Bits and Bobs



It has been a busy few days, and here I am with two hours to spare to make my yopping deadline.

I finished the blanket and gave it to a student of mine to take with her to England as she continues her Marine Biology studies.  She says it will be perfect to ward off the wind when she goes to the 'Hoe' to hang out with friends.  Apparently it is often windy in Plymouth.  Who knew?

garbage picture of blankie on the blocking mat


this is the true colours
I finished spinning the first bobbin (35 gms) of the gray fibre.  I will get to the rest next week (and maybe the next after that). No picture until it is plied because it looks just like last week's photo except the bobbin is fuller.  

My husband moved a few appointments around so I could scurry off to the little island on Thursday morning.  I will head home Tuesday afternoon.  My sister and I have been swimming everyday (my arm is getting better and better), walking the puppies, having dinner with friends, knitting, eating and marketing. 

Today was the Fall Faire.   The dress code was Medieval - this was what my sister found for me to wear. 

There has been some progress on the knitting front - I had to knit another 2 and 5 for my advent mitts because I gave away the first 2 and 5 to my friends for their 25th wedding anniversary.   I have been managing one and 1/2 a day since arriving here.

My sister gave me a chance to go through her remnants of sock yarn so I have lots of new colours to finish numbers 15 - 24!

There was also two trips to the free store where I scored four mini skeins of yarn as well as a couple of books for me and one for my grand-daughter.





So that is my odds and ends, or bits and bobs update.  I am happy to report I am feeling much better this week in body, mind and spirit.  Life in all its glorious ups and downs goes on, and for that I am grateful. 

To follow other yoppers check out their craftiness here. 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, the 2nd picture is much prettier and really shows off the true colors of the yarn. So nice of you to give the gal that sounds like she will need it! I wish I needed a blanket but our heat wave is still going on.
    So happy your arm is getting better and that you were able to visit with your sis. Your outfit for the festival is darling! You look younger every time I see a picture of you...something is working! LOL! Your Advent mitts are so pretty and what a great idea for the anniversary year gift. The grand baby is precious as always and what a sweet smile. I hope you have another great week and continue to heal in body and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blanket you made and gifted to your student! You look cute in your Medieval costume. And those Advent mitts are looking wonderful. I'm so glad to read you are feeling better. Keep sharing those photos of your granddaughter. How beautiful she is. How fun to watch her grow and progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket colors are so vibrant. It does look like a good one to keep the chill away. I am very happy to hear your shoulder is getting better everyday. You have been quite patient with the healing process. I admire you for that. Your days away to the island look like a lot of fun. But best of all is the photo of your grand baby. She is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, happy blanket! So nice of you to gift it to your student. The Advent mittens are such a cute idea. Tiny knitting like that boggles my mind so I'll leave the itty bitty mitten knitting to you and Liz! You made a cute Medieval but I have to say, the cuteness prize has to go to your grand-daughter. She looks like such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you are feeling good again. What's not to feel good about, having a medieval faire, yarn and bargains plus sisterly love and a change of scene on your 'island getaway'? I love your medieval outfit - modern but still looks the part. It's great that your arm is responding to the treatments and rest but also responding well to exercise. Swimming is the best rehab. May the fun continue through the week. x

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.